worrying about c-sec

MamaMoo

Reaction score
hi lovelies

Im currently in the TWW. if successful, this will be our second pregnancy. Our first pregnancy was an emergency c-section due to pre aclampsia at week 27. Baby was born and went straight to neonatal for 13 weeks and is now a very happy, healthy 3-year old.

At time of delivery, the surgeon said i had to have a T-Section as womb wasnt mature enough. Then he proceeded to tell me that future pregnancies will result in a c-section.

Even though we've been told we are at high risk of pre-eclamspia (50/50) we have given it a great deal of consideration and we've been happily going at it TTC but I am frightened of having another c-section. it seriously took me 8 weeks to be able to stand up straight :( The thoughts of it make me extremely nervous - even though we arent even pregnant yet!! It's just that i know whats coming lol, if that makes sense.

Does anybody know if the second c-section is easier going than the first?

Hiya! I can't give you any advice on a T section because I've never heard of one but I have had 4 sections myself.

My first was an emergency section after several days of labour 19 years ago. Not going to go into massive amounts of detail but it really was horrific. Recovery was slow and painful and when I got pregnant with my second I was petrified of having to go through anything similar.

However the second one was a planned section and it was a dream in comparison. This one was 17 years ago. I was awake during the operation, was up and walking (had a shower too!) on the same day and recovery was fast and pain free. I was discharged from hospital 4 days later.

I have since had 2 more elective sections (1 13 years ago and my last just 13 weeks ago lol!) and like number 2 they really were lovely, positive, calm births and recovery has been great both times.

With my most recent baby I was discharged the very next day! I was a bit worried about being home so soon after such a big op, more so because it was number 4, but I was fine.

From personal experience I can honestly tell you planned sections are so different to emergency sections. You have nothing to worry about, they are world's apart and I am confident that you will look back, remember this post and think "that Tambo was right!" Lol!

Best of luck and like I said, please don't worry, you really will be fine hun xxx

tapatalkin

I've heard t-sections are much more intrusive and require a lot more healing as more muscles are cut through. My last baby was delivered by c-section as my first natural birth resulted in a bit of damage that means all further babies must be sections. Anyway, it was very relaxed, quick, fairly painless and my recovery was faster than my natural birth. I was up and about in no time, home 48 hours later and in ikea that afternoon!

If you're having a c-section next time I don't think you'll find it anywhere near as bad as what you had last time. I had an emergency c-section for pre-eclampsia at 36 weeks and given the fact that I was severely ill and my baby's heartbeat kept slowing, the actual operation wasn't all that bad. I was up the following day (albeit attached to a drip still) and by day 3 was able to move about reasonably well. It took me about a week to stand up straight (I was in hospital for 8 days and could stand up straight by the time I left).

Lol, yes with a t-section instead of having to cut all lines horizontally, the surgeon has to do the first few layers horizontally with the last one vertically, creating a t-shape. I had never heard of them but because my little one was born at 27 weeks, my womb wasn't mature enough to have all horizontal incisions. The scarring on womb is quite thick. I'm sure it will be grand though as you ladies have said. Its just that I'm so nervous about it lol. I may get some hypnotherapy lol. Thanks for your replies girlies. You are wonderful!

Ive had 4 planned c sections and 1 near c section as everything but uterus was cut in same way during my tube repair op in nov last yr. i fully aggree with tambo second was a doddle of recovery , nerve endings had been cut already so i felt less after. My last one in 2011 was a harder recovery but I was much older and had had a nine year break from sections and so think tummy had recovered and it felt like my first one again.

Yourll be fine, it will correct your birth experiance from last time and will be just perfect x

Oh and my last section ( thank goodness is in about 11 weeks time !)

Last edited:
Thank you very much girls, im starting to feel a lot more relaxed now about it. especially after hearing about you guys having multiple ones and all was grand :D I've also been watching that show the midwives to re-familiarise myself with the whole process as the first time round it all went by so quickly i hadnt a clue what was going on. Thank you all for your advice, it's great this forum.

I share the same worries as you that's why we haven't been TTC again just yet. In my opinion, it wouldn't be as hard as the first one because you've already experienced how it was then, how recovery would go, what can make it easier and faster for you to recover. Such learning should at least put your mind to ease that it's not that bad if you do end up with an emergency c-section because you did great the first time I am assuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back