Worrying about 4th c section :/

Laura_C

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I know there are a few ladies here who have had 4 c sections so looking for some words of wisdom!

If all goes with with this pregnancy then I'll be having a 4th c section in March 2014.

I've had c sections in:

August 2007
November 2010
October 2011

So last one was 21 months ago - is that enough time to heal?

I got pregnant only 2/3 months after the loss of our son in Nov 2010 and after previously uncomplicated sections during my last one (3rd) they told me that my uterus was very thin - down to my peritoneum (abdo cavity!). Doesn't sound like a rupture though. He said he repaired my uterus and it wasn't impossible to have anymore by he advised a long wait (3 years) and the risk of bleeding is much higher.

Had anyone had placenta accreta?

I think this is what they are concerned about?

I'm do scared to the point I'm worried about progressing with the pregnancy. I don't want any more after this and will be sterilised so if an emergency hysterectomy is on the cards then that's fine. I would rather that than bleed to death!

I've never had any bleeding issues at all do hoping all will be good with careful monitoring throughout the pregnancy.

What gestation did people have their 4th section, I've been told no later than 38 weeks - although they told me that for my 3rd but they left me until 39+2!

Any advice, experiences would be greatly appreciated :)

I'm also on my 4th section Hun due I. October sorry to hear about ur loss x

Thanks for replying hun :)

What plan have they for pregnancy/delivery?

Early delivery etc? X

JJ mum can probably tell you,.is.she still around?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Sorry, meant to say congrats hun, good to see you back and good luck. Excuse my 2 under 2 frazzled brain

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Hi Hun I've never had a c section but did have placenta accreta with my lo.

I think that your consultant will be able to fully discuss the ins and outs of this. I've been recommended a c section if I ever were to have any more so its a controlled environment and they can get the placenta out ASAP and have blood standing by in case I need transfusions again.

Not sure if that's helpful; just my experience with accreta xxx

Thanks diane - thats useful :)

I think I need to chill out a little bit because at least if I end up with placenta accreta I will be in the best environment having an elective c section. They always have my blood ready just in case, so as long as they monitor me up to delivery I think all should be ok and they should be able to manage things.

Just had my first MW appt today - she is going to book me in with Consultant just after my 12 week scan x

Hi laura, just seen this. Your uterus has had a good time to heal hun, youve had a much smaller gap before. I only had probs with the 13 mth gap between sections one and when she opened me up with briony ( 3 rd) there was already a window on the womb , i had been telling them about pain but they were fobbing me off!

Just keep eye on constant scar pain ( it was a constant burning ,from 25 weeks ish i think, try not to worry, they had trouble with me still bleeding after closing the uterus last time so i am more concerned this time about me during and after op.

The consultant has seen me earlier this time 16 weeks ( but diff hosp). She is seeing me again at 29 weeks and is giving me the date for section then. She said she will be delivering baby as she is thr most senior lady and because ive had too many sections and abdo ops ( the reversal was section style 8 mths ago).

She only works thursdays so op will be 7 th nov at 39 plus 3 but she mentioned shed prefer to do it on 31 st oct at 38 plus 3 instead this time. Last time devon was 39 plus 1

They will keep a good eye on you hun x

Last edited:
I too had pain right near the end last time and I was fobbed off - turned out that was why I was hurting too :) I was struggling to walk for the last 2/3 weeks due to the pain.

I don't tend to have scar pain as such but I imagine I will this time.

I'm seeing consultant at 12 weeks initially, I will probably be transferred to St Mary's again due to high risk nature of things and actually I requested this late in my pregnancy last time. It's the best place to be if things go wrong. I want to see the same consultant as he knows exactly the state of things from last time. I do hope it was because I had such a small gap between the baby's last time. My MW wasn't worried and said a 21 month gap was perfect.

Everything was so slack last time, hoping its all that bit stronger now I've had a good gap :)

I've never had a problem with bleeding in surgery before so touch wood that wont happen. Although i had retained products last time and haemorrhaged 4 weeks later.

Worrying because I have big babies and at 38 weeks Sophia already weighed 8lbs! Just more stretching lol!

Thanks hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back