Worry about complications with a c section!

lrb

Reaction score
Not going to go into details as I don't wanna scare anyone here but when my mum had her two children she had a c section both times, I was breach and second baby was emergency c section! Still say to this day it was my sisters big head!! Anyway c section all went well but mum thinks complications happened when she was stitched up! Anyway she became very ill once she was home and ended up in hospital in a coma for couple months. She had other problems too; lupus, but this wasn't reason she ended up the way she was. I'm just worried now it's getting closer to 40 weeks that it might happen to me! I know this was 17 years ago and medicine and the quality of drs has got much better now but still worries me that I might b like her! You just never know! Mums fine now she recovered but she has difficulties every day from what happened and is now disabled but seems like a normal woman. Just stressing over it now I think and need to stop worrying. I know more than likely I'll have a natural labour and all will b fine it's Just hard to think of what might happen.. :/ but if everyone thought like that we would all b a mess!!!

I can see why you'd worry, but like you said yourself - medicine and healthcare has moved on tremendously since then! People have c-sections all the time without a hitch, and IF you had a have one for whatever reason - the hospital would completely look after you and you'd be perfectly fine and be going home with your perfect baby at the end of it all!
C-sections scare me too, because afterall, it is a serious operation. People have operations all the time, and the people who perform caesareans are used to doing them and know what they're doing!

There's always risks with any operation, that's just the way it is, but it's very rare that anything really bad would happen!

:hugs:

I guess its always in the back of your mind that you may follow what happened to your mom, but I'm sure there will be more of a chance you can have a natural labour, without complications. And as you stated medicines and helathcare in general have progressed a lot since then. I'm sure if you ended up with a section the hospital would take lots of care of you, and anything that went wrong they would try there best to help you out with.

:hugs: x

I think because they do it so often that worries me, they "forget" things :/

Last edited:
I would be just as scared if I had to have a section. I'm sure they have everything set out ready and they wouldn't let just anyone perform the operation for you, xx

I find out in two weeks if I need to have one and I think I'll stop worrying so much once I know ! X

I guess if you do end up needing a section you could always express your concerns with the MW or consultant. x

I didn't have any problems after my first emergency c-section other wise I wouldn't have been happy to have one again! They did snip my bladder a little but all that caused for me was a little blood when I peed but didn't notice much because of bleeding down there anyway. Dylan was born at 5pm on the sat night, by sunday at 9am I was up having a shower and had visitors all afternoon. Was feeding him changing nappies and carrying him about. By the wednesday I was taking a slow walk round town with my best mate!!!

Blimey Leanne that's good! It's not the fact it's an emergency one it's just the c section in general. I think they rushed and that's when accidents happen. :/ x

I think the trick is to get up asap when you can and take the painkillers even when you don't think you need them cos by the time you do need them they will take ages to be in your system. I agree sometimes they do rush them mine was a whirlwind and as this one is planned I am hoping its a calmer experience for us all.

I think because they do it so often that worries me, they "forget" things :/

I wouldn't worry too much they count in and out the equipment during the op. I had a really good experience with my c section :)

I had an emergency one! Didn't even go into hosp expecting it! It was fine. Painful for a bit after and still have some parts of my belly which are numb but no actual problems at all and was only in a day and a half

My c section also wasn't too bad! Didn't expect it to happen at all so it came as a bit of a shock. First day was painful, second day I was walking around a lot better and by the third day I was out of hospital and back home.

A week on and my scar wound is healing up really really well and I'm back to doing absolutely everything as normal! I won't be getting back on and riding for another 6/7 weeks but I'm back happily mucking out and lifting at the farm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back