Worried x

hope04

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I am 28+3 days pregnant. We got pregnant after over 10 years of trying, a miscarriage and on our 3rd round of ivf and we are over the moon! However there have been so many problems throughout the pregnancy so far it has been really difficult to be able to just relax and enjoy!!
Within the first 16 weeks I had several heavy bleeds, one of which we were informed that we had lost our baby. Thankfully this was not the case and she is still there!
At our 20 week scan I was measuring 6 days behind which we were told was normal and nothing to worry about. I had been booked in for growth scans at 32 and 36 weeks also just to monitor me due to all the complications.
Over the last 3 days I have noticed a reduction and change in babys movements, I contacted the clinic and they had me up for obs, I was on a ctg and had tests done but baby showed to be moving (even though most of the I ouldnt feel) and heartrate was strong and steady. They advised me to see how things went and contact them again if still reduced movements. The next day I had my appointment for my Anti D injection and the mw asked about the movement. I explained I had had some movement but it was still different to before, a little fainter and no movement during the night when he is usually very active. I thought this may be just a change in her routine but mw didnt think this should happen.
I was referred for a scan and sent back to the hospital for further monitoring. Once again the monitor showed steady heartbeat and some activity which they found reasurring.
My scan now showed baby to be 2 weeks and 1 day behind in growth and one of my cord pressure readings were high. I am now booked in for another growth scan in 2 weeks to see how she is doing. If no growth, or dropping growth there was talk of delivering baby early.
I am feeling very un nerved and really worried, one because even though the monitor shows she is still active and strong heartbeat I can feel the change and know she is not moving as much or strongly and also very concerned about the growth.
Just wondered has anyone else had/having a similar experience??

Hope x

Hi there. I don't have a similar experience, but wanted say I hope things go well for you. It's great that they are listening to you and monitoring your lo to keep an eye on things. If the movements change anymore, I would ring up and get monitored again.

I had a similar experience in terms of movement changing, although I was stupid and ignored it (unlike you - getting checked out is always the best option). Basically, my placenta failed due to pre-eclampsia and my baby had stopped growing at 32 weeks. They only discovered this at 36 weeks, when I phoned up to complain of a horrendous migraine and was told to come in to get checked. They delivered at 36+2 as they couldn't control my pre-eclampsia. My daughter was just 3lb 11oz, so obviously hadn't grown in weeks.

What I can say to reassure you is that I had interuterine growth restriction, problems with blood flow to placenta plus pre-eclampsia, and delivered a healthy little baby girl. She's always been quite tiny, but is now between 9th and 25th centile for weight and still very healthy. She's also incredibly smart for her age.

Try not to worry. They are monitoring you and will keep a close eye on your baby. I'm sure everything will be ok xx

I also had iugr. My placenta had slowed down the growth with my daughter I had weekly scans to check the blood flow and her growth. By 36 weeks she had stopped and the thought she was around the 5lb mark so I was induced at 37 weeks. She was 5 15 but she was tiny. She was always very active inside and is to the day. She was fit fine and healthy. Atleast they are keeping and eye on you. Try not to worry. If you feel less movements etc it's always best to go and get checked out by the hospital. I had to go the odd couple of times. If they are concerned about baby they will get baby out. The longer he/she is in the better obviously that's y I was left till 37 weeks and took her home the next day. Fingers crossed for you xx

Thank you so much for your replies. It is so nice to speak to others and get some feedback.
I am keeping an eye on the movement, it is hard because I was told initially by m/w if routine changes then seek advice etc then when told her that there was still no movement during the night (she is usually active then) but there was still some movement in the day just a little less she said this was not normal. Once I had been assessed and monitired at the hospital over 2 days the doctor there said that as I had had 15 movements that day then she was happy with that. So kinda feel that even though I know her routine is not as vigorous or frequent as it has been I feel if I am having those 15 movements I should not worry?! But hard to stop!
You guys are right though I am being checked again in 2 weeks so hopefully any further concerns should be picked up then.
Thank you again,
hope x

I can't remember with my daughter but I was told if I didn't feel any movement for a 4-6 hours then go. Which was hard because I had an anterior placenta so it was cushioning the movements. Unfortunately I have this again :( when I comes down to it if u don't feel 100% sure on anything go and get looked at. It's better to be safe and will stop you from worrying as much. It is always nice to no your not on your own and others have been through the same things. I no its easier said then done but try to enjoy your pregnancy, u will miss it when baby is here :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back