Worried my waters are leaking - Don't think they were! Drama over!

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Afters last nights pains drama when I woke up felt a bit damp.

Just come to sit on the sofa with a pad in. Feel a but periody.

This can't happen now my OH is all the way in Wales! He's got loads of work on over the weekend :(

Give the MW a call if you are concerned. As for the timing sorry all I can suggest is that you try and keep your legs crossed :shock: Seriously just take it easy today and see what happens.

If it is the start of things, is there a way he can get back to you in time?

Keep us updated and if unsure, ring the MW to get checked out. Good luck with it all.

It might not be anything more than normal discharge - it really can feel like there's loads, but then when you look at the pad there's actually not enough to be waters. I've had this quite a lot over the last few days, also in combination with practice contractions and period-like pains, all of which is normal at this stage. But of course, having said that, it could be waters. I would definitely keep the pad in and, when you check it and still think it might be your waters, call the midwife and call your partner to see if he can come back. Is the baby moving all right today?

Do huccups count? I woke up and he had them. My OH can come back but I don't want him too unless he needs too and I also don't want to tell him incase it's nothing he's gonna be ringing me soon and I don't know what to say to him :s

I suppose hiccups count... But I would take it really easy this morning and keep an eye on the movements and the pad, and phone the MW if in any doubt. As for your OH, don't you think he would want to know if you are worried? How quickly could he be back with you if you decided not to tell him now and then things started happening?

It would take him 2-3hours traffic depending he knows I had pains last night and isn't going to be drinking after work. Part of me thinking it's nothing and I'm just being paranoid because he's away!

Could well be. I think today I'll be thinking a million times that I'm in labour, seeing as it is snowing and our car has died on us this morning... How about some hot chocolate and some rubbish TV to calm your nerves, and then see how you go during the morning? I suppose 2-3 hours would most probably get your OH to you in time in case things happen!

How r u feeling now hun? Any more wetness? xxx

Yes and no I feel it but the pads pretty dry :s maybe it's all nothing!

I'd call the hospital hun and they might ask u to go in so they can check. You'll know then and can tell ypur OH to defo come back. Hope everything is okay xx

I would but it would mean ringing my mum or OHs mum to take me down there so a lot of effort and disrupting people if nothings happening :|

I would sit tight and wait. If he needs like 3 h to be back he can make it in time even after you are in established labour. Unleah you hVe a super speedy labour :doh:

I would but it would mean ringing my mum or OHs mum to take me down there so a lot of effort and disrupting people if nothings happening :|

I wouldn't think about that! I would call the hospital and ask them what they think. It's better to just get it checked out and than you'd know. I'm sure your mom wont mind taking you!

Remember, you're her little baby girl and she wants you to be comfortable and happy!!!

Keep us posted! Hope you're okay!!

xx

Tbh I feel a hell of a lot calmer than I did when he left this morning! I went into total panic mode lol! Getting occasional period pains nothing as bad as last night but not that often maybe once every half hour/45 mins. I think if this is it it's going to be very drawn out, if it's not it's a warning of what's to come lol!

I might ring my mum in a couple of hours if I'm in the same situation or anything worsens. It's hard to talk to her as she's never had a proper labour as such lol she's had 3 sections but with my brother her waters did break and she had done contractions.

Okay! I'm glad you feel calmer!! Just relax and take it easy and I'm sure everything will sort out!

I'm thinking of you!!

xx

Hope things settle down for you Pinky. It is scary when the OH is away. I hope things settle down but do call the MW if u r concerned later
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back