Worried Ive had missed miscarriage

Leighanne

Reaction score
I know it will be what it is, but I'm 8 weeks at the moment , the line is still strong on the pregnancy test I did Sunday morning (father's Day,). I keep trying to post a pic of it on here but it keeps saying the file is too big, I don't understand. However I feel my pregnancy symptoms are getting alot milder. With my first I was so sick the whole way through the first trimester. This time by 7 weeks my nausea has died down quite alot, I'm not having many food aversions anymore, my breasts are still Painful but not to the point where I have to hold them going down the stairs. I'm a bit tired but not that tired. I also haven't felt cramping or any stretching pains in my abdomen or uterus for about a week now. We went to bewildereood yesterday and that did make me quite knackered and I had to lay down when we got home. Maybe I shouldn't read up so much so pregnancy things or think every pregnancy is the same but why why would all the symptoms just start getting really mild? I feel like I've silently lost it and that I shouldnt look at that screen on my first scan, which is annoyingly another 3 or 4 weeks of me worrying something inside me is dead. It's horrible to feel like this and know Ive still got weeks to wait. I haven't had my letter yet, but my midwife appointment is the 27th. I miscarried at 3 weeks about a year ago, but I did bleed. So I'm quite nervous and anxious. Do you think that midwife would send me for an earlier scan when she knows my concerns? Or has anybody else had their symptoms start getting alot milder earlier on and nothings been wrong?

Last edited:
Early pregnancy is such a worrying time and the weeks until the 12 week scan seem to drag by. The truth is - no one knows what is going on until you have a scan, but, the fact that you have had no bleeding and no pain are good signs - try to focus on that
Every pregnancy is so so different! Not just from person to person but literally from pregnancy to pregnancy in the same person.
I've had 3 children and each pregnancy was so different - one with terrible morning sickness literally only in the morning and it stopped pretty quick, one with hardly any sickness at all, and one with really bad sickness throughout the day/night. One pregnancy made me really tired the others not so much, one I had really sore breasts early on but the other two I didn't. Two of my pregnancies I bled during - one at 19 weeks, the other all the way through.
Each pregnancy was so different for me but they all ended in healthy babies being born.
What I'm trying to say is don't stress and overthink the meaning of symptoms or lack of them. Hopefully your 12 week scan will be fine and you can relax a little.
If you can afford it you could always pay for an early scan. I doubt the midwife would send you for one earlier as you're not having and worrying symptoms - no bleeds etc

Hi Tropical sun Thank you for your reply, it's very reassuring. I was still a little anxious about it and luckily I managed to get an early scan and everything was fine. My midwife as I expected wouldn't refer me for for one as no bleeding or pain and we could'nt afford the private scan at the time especially since in these times it costs more money to fuel up the car now. Luckily my sister works in a private IVF clinic and she told her colleague how anxious I was and they said I could go for a scan of I wanted and they wouldn't charge me as a one off, which is quite a nice benefit of my sister working there. I feel alot better now and more relaxed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back