worried bad headache and fever, shall i call anyone?updated

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
Hi guys,
just wanted to say a huge thanks for your responses, I went to docs and yes I have a kidney inf, pain in back,fever etc...so going to take a couple of days off work to recover but dare not take too long. The rest is wonderful, feel like I have been fighting this for weeks.
Good luck to everyonex

Hi guys
keep apologising for not posting as i used to be on here all the time and knew some of you really well, bit of a lurker now when i get the spare 5-10mins but my life is very stressful at the mo. In fact i think the stress has caught up with me, i had a fever last night and felt really ill, i have had a bad headache for a couple of days....it could be that i am getting flu but i am a bit worried and don't know whether just to rest or to call my doc or midwife, what could they do in reality ?
any advice would be so greatlly appreciated and really do hope when i am off on maternity i get chance to catch up with everyone xxx

hey hun,
they say to ring if you have a headache that wont go away or you have a fever with no cold/flu symtoms.
they will prob just tell you to drink lots of fluids.
have you tried taking half a paracetamol just to take the egde off
hope you feel better soon
manda xx

:wave: :wave: hello hun, dont worry about not posting! your always welcome, no posts or a million posts :hug:

as manda says, paracetamol, rest, drink lots. If it doesnt subside Id call doc or midwife just to be safe. Hope you feel beetter soon

xx

hi guys
whoops
ive been taking two paracetemol of late as headaches been so bad, in fact the fever is without a cold and i am thinking kidney inf, got a docs app at 5.30 so i hope to get it sorted, drinking lots of fluids and resting but i am a bit worried :- :?
hope you guys are well, you are both about the same as me...my bump os pretty big now, a bit like yours tilly and ive gained 2stone as well...trying to be healthy now.
we shall be moving to tri 3 around the same time, my ticker shouild be a couple fo weeks ahead so maybe i should be in tri 3 already, i just don't know, im due 23 april
x

bless you hun hopefully the doctor can help you a bit more :)
your only 2 days ahead of me then hun your ticker should be 25+5 :)
manda xx

hi manda
happy chick set up my ticker, how do i change it ? do you know

do we have any word from Jo?
oh by the way, iv been a bit mad with my purchases, i will be washing my clothes as well as soon as have dryier fitted..yay
x

Hi Ginny I remember you :wave:

Basically I think if you're worried about anything at all you should contact your GP or midwife. If something is wrong they'll be able to advise you, and if not, at least you've put your mind at rest!

I had flu in 1st Tri and my headache was so bad I had to take cocodamol (which I'd never normally have ever - I'm a paracetamol every few months kind of girl)... anyway my baby is OK so I'm certain 2 paracetamol will be fine!!

Hope you feel better soon. Get lots of rest and take lots of fluids :hug:

Ginnymarie said:
hi manda
happy chick set up my ticker, how do i change it ? do you know

do we have any word from Jo?
oh by the way, iv been a bit mad with my purchases, i will be washing my clothes as well as soon as have dryier fitted..yay
x

click on your ticker hun that will take you to the ticker site then just redo it with the correct date takes about 2 mins :)
pics of your purchases would be nice :)
manda xx

hello
id love to put pics of my scan, bump and purchases but have not got a clue how to put them on this computer which is my works laptop without right cords etc...im a bit of techno phobe, any ideas ?x

I hope the appointment goes well - let us know how you get on :hug:

can you not email them to your email account from your phone then save them to your works pc while you upload them to photobucket?
manda xx

Hello Gemma
I am Sarah
As you have not been on for a while id just like to say congratulations on reaching 24 weeks :clap: :dance:
And i hope that you feel better soo hon id defo ring doctors you cant go on like this if it's that bad and the stress is buliding it best doc strikes you off work for a bit to recupearate. You and baby need the rest
Huge hug from me :hug:

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Have a look in the tech section that explains how to upload pics.

Hi honey, sorry you're feeling so low :(
Everyone has given good advice, I hope it helps. How long have you got until your maternity leave? I bet you can't wait to have a rest! :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks guys
i will def be taking better care of myself from now on x

glad you found out what the issue was hun
hope you get better quickly and enjoy your rest :)
manda xx

Put your feet up and take it easy hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back