worried alot :(

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by maldives, Jan 12, 2008.

1. maldives

maldives Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I am feeling down and very worried lately as i haven't yet felt the baby kicking!! :wall:
    what worries me the most is that i did feel a butterfly sensation 2 weeks ago which i was sure it's the baby. i did a scan the next day baby was fine . now as the days pass with no kicking i get sooo scared and sad.
    plz tell me what shall i do to stay calm ? :(

2. Manda&Thomas

Manda&Thomas Well-Known Member

try not to worry hn most of us dont feel proper kicks untill 18-20 weeks. i used to feel flutters then nothing for days and then i would feel them again
    dont panic hun baby is perfectly fine all snuggled up storing energy for kicking the crap out of you later :)
    manda xx

3. Suzie and Faith

Suzie and Faith Well-Known Member

Hey, don't worry! I didn't feel anything definite until 18 weeks and even then not often. It's different for everyone! I don't think I really felt much before that at all!
    It'll all be ok! Promise!
    If you are really worried you could get yourself a doppler, you can get them for about £25 but that might worry you more as it can sometimes take a while to pick up the heartbeat with those.
    Hugs xxxx

4. Squiggle

Squiggle Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: :hug: Try not to worry, its normal not to feel anything just yet.

xxx

5. maldives

maldives Well-Known Member

can i find a doppler at mothercare?
    im not currently in london we have a mothercare here .
    well i guess i'll go looking in the pharmacy first hope to find one and hope it works with me!
    thanks alot .
    my biggest worry is what if i reach week 20 with no kicking i feel like im gonna die!

6. jodie_honey

jodie_honey Well-Known Member

most women feel flutters from 15-18 weeks sometimes u will notice and other times u will not.
    u wont feel propper kicks until prob 20-22 weeks and then they change the further on u get. dont worry hun i felt the same way when i was at ur stage and everythin is fine. take care and try and relax x

7. BeckyJ

BeckyJ Well-Known Member

dont worry hun, im 20 wks and havnt felt a thing!!!

8. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

I hadn't felt anything at all at your stage. Sometimes I'd get excited and think I felt something then I'd realise it was just normal belly rumbles or digesting :rotfl: I wasn't worried because I felt so awful - absolutely exhausted - so I knew baby was still draining the life from me :D So if you have horrible symptoms of pregnancy use them to reassure you. If you don't I am soooo jealous!!! :D :hug:

9. Gem & Leland

Gem & Leland Well-Known Member

i was 20-22 weeks , dh couldnt feel him from outside till 25 weeks

think u need to stop worrying so much ! tis not good for bubba !

10. Llys

Llys Well-Known Member

If you feel slight muscle spasms in your stomach, that's what you're looking for.

I always got confused when people said "flutters".

However, muscle spasms everyone can relate to :D