Worried (again)

Bee7

Reaction score
Has anyone else felt a lack of movement around the 30 week mark? I'm still feeling little nudges from baby but in the last few days theres been nowhere near as much movement/wriggling as in previous weeks. I know about the 10 movements in 24 hrs rule, but i'm still concerned about the change in the pattern of his movements :(

Also got my first ante-natal class tomorrow, it's a labour and pain relief class. For some reason i'm really nervous about going. Don't know what to expect x

If you are worried, go and get checked out hun. Better to be safe than sorry.

My LO doesn't have a pattern of movements really. So I find it difficult to compare. Some days baby is moving a lot, others not so much. I think if I went several days with baby being quiet I would get some help.

Hi hun my lil man is the same I've posted 2 threads like this recently! One day he will be quiet and his daddy will shake my belly and he won't even move ( he usually loves this lol ) , then next day he kicks non stop!
I would try not to worry too much, but of course I would ring midwife or go doctor if you feel its just not right. Ppl have been telling me to eat chocolate and have an ice cold drink and lie on your side. I find he kicks when I put bio oil on

Hi hun, strange my bubs is a lil quite today too! hope they wake up for us soon xxx

Babies do have quiet days and more active days but as TOR said, it's better to be on the safe side. While the 10 movements a day is the standard, my MW also said anything which is not normal for you and your baby should be discussed. Babies do also get a bit quiet when they go through growth spurts too. Hope they all wake up for you a bit this evening and stop worrying their mummies xxxxx

Last edited:
I have days when LO is a lot more active, and days when she doesn't move so much. I always tell the MW that the amount of movement varies from day to day, but she always seems to think so long as there are at least ten movements per day, all is well. Definitely speak with your MW though if you a re at all worried. Xx

My LO has very quiet days too, but as long as I get my 10 movements then I'm normally happy with that. But at the end of the day, you know your own baby, so don't let anyone else tell you what's normal and what isn't. If you're genuinely concerned, then it wouldn't hurt to contact your midwife or local triage just to have your mind put at ease, because I know first hand how much it helps. :thumbup:

And with the antenatal classes, don't worry too much about it. I felt a bit uneasy before the first one as I'm only 20 and didn't know how many people would turn up, if I'd be youngest, if others were taking their partners etc. But I found it really enjoyable and you'll be a lot more comfortable after the first one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back