Worried about when my grandma dies!

Missbatesy

Reaction score
2 weeks to go and I'm getting more an more anxious about my grandma dying before the baby is born, she was given 8 weeks to live 8 weeks ago now and I know she really wants to meet the baby before she goes but she gets worse everyday. I've always been so close to my grandma so I'm scared about how her death is going to affect me when the baby's born! I'm just taking it all in my stride atm, but it does play on my mind alot!

Aw hun fingers crossed she can hang on for you. But honestly if its her time and baby isnt here yet just think she will be looking down from above :hugs:
This is what i believe all 4 of my grandparents will be doing anyway :)
Its a horrible thing losing family and friends.

Thinking of you hun, and your grandma xx

I lost my grandad when I was 9 weeks pregnant, it was sad but what got me through it was being pregnant and having that sense of one life ending and one life beginning. It gave me a sense of peace about the pregnancy as I believe my grandad is looking over me.
It also gave our whole family something to be happy about at a really sad time.

So, I know this is just my experience, and I hope your grandma gets to meet her great grandchild, but try not to worry. What will be well be hun. Your baby will give you the strength to get through anything xxx

Last edited:
I really hope she holds out to meet her great grandchild but like Babyslog and Umbongo have said, if her time comes before then I'm sure she will be looking down on you and will still be there if only in spirit. FX that baby comes soon xx

I lost my grandma when i was really early on in my pregnancy. She lived in Canada and ever since I moved to England I had dreaded the day she would pass as I was so far away. We were so close and in the end she didn't get to meet either of my kids. Its horrible and it was hard to take it. Its been nearly a year now and tbh I dont think i have grieved for her yet because i was so focused on staying calm for my baby.

I really hope she gets to meet your little one and can then lay in rest peacefully xxxx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

I worked in palliative care for a while and people have a way of holding on for things like this. I saw people pass away as soon as family arrived or indeed left. I really hope your grandma gets to meet lo. Xx

Hope she lasts it's probebly given her longer as she is holding out all the stops to meet lo. But as others have said she will look down upon youalso baby may come early and if you are worrying about missing a funeral then please don't as sounds like she loves you and baby so much already and will totally understand why if you cannot be there xx

She does keep saying how nice it would be to meet the baby & asks how much longer which is surprising as she has a brain tumour (cancer which has spread from her lungs) so she doesn't have the best memory due to it! I've already said to my oh that I don't care how tired I am if the baby's born before grandma goes we are making a quick trip to her nursing home ASAP after the baby's born. I have been worrying about missing the funeral but decided as long as I'm not actually in labour I would really really like to go, even if it is just for the service x

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Hun :-( it isn't the same but my dad died when my LO was 8 months old and as someone had already said, your baby will keep you strong and help you carry on. I really hope she gets to meet your baby xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back