Worried about healthy pregnancy

Daydreaming

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have always been a logical and practical person, so when I got my BFP I tried not to get too excited because I thought "It's so early who knows what might happen" :roll:
Then at the 12 week scan my heart went all a flutter and for a day or 2 I felt fullblown pregnant... but I have soon gone back into the "Just hope for the best but be prepared if something bad happens" thoughts :wall2: Anyone else get like this?

I have no reason to suspect something will go wrong - morning sickness is still strong and my belly is swelling slowly but surely - but for some reason cannot just get EXCITED! I have moments of excitement, but when I think long term I get all logical and practical again. Grrrr!

Maybe it is because I'm still unwell and tired that I can't enjoy it - bring on the blooming stage!

I feel exactly the same! I feel as though if I relax, accept I truly am pregnant and begin to enjoy pregnancy i'll somehow 'jinx' it and something will go wrong. It's mad isnt it!

Have you spoken to your midwife about how you're feeling? Mine told me it was totally normal after having 2 mc's. I can't seem to stop it and think rationally though!

I feel like this too on and off but then I realise I'll drive myself mad if I carry on like this for another 26 weeks so just try to think positive that there are no signs that anything is wrong. My main worry at the moment is not really feeling pregnsnt..that limbl stage after dating scan..my bump isn't really a bump yet and I can't feel the baby move. I know this is all normal at this stage but as a ftm I don't know when to expect these things to happen and can't wait until they do! Just think positive that ypur svan was good and the chances of something going wrong now are extrememly low. Hopefully we can all start enjoying pregnancy soon rather than worrying constantly!!x

Thanks ladies - glad I'm not alone.

Though I guess "worry" is the wrong word for me, but I just can't get Excited just in case. I know chances a small of things going wrong, but I've known a few people to have miscarriages.

Maybe I need to start decorating baby's room - that may get me excitable... but then again I'm so ill and tired I don't have the energy after work/at weekends to do much. *Grumble Grumble*

I felt exactly the same at your stage, it such a strange time 14 - 17/18 week period, but your 20 week scan will be here before you know it! Time seems to be flying since mine. Stay positive hun xx

i felt like that right up to 20 weeks, but once i saw how healthy and beautiful my baby was on screen at the 20 week scan, my worries kind of went away. I still get a little worried at time, but to get through it I just think positive and think how exciting it is to when our baby is here!

im only just getting to that stage now i cant wait x

yup I feel same...I wouldn't allow myself to think positive after two mc's. I thought let's just get to the 12 week scan then I'll be ok....lasted a few days then I was back to worrying! Heightened by the fact I can't find a heart beat with doppler (wish I'd never hired the bloody thing lol)

Now I am thinking let's just make it to 20 week scan then I'll be ok...for a few days anyway :whistle:

Then it will be 26 weeks, 30, 32, 36 oh lets just wait till I give birth then everything will be ok :wall2:

Of course after you give birth it brings a whole new set of worries :roll:

I felt exactly the same, had 4 miscarriages before this pregnancy so i worried about every little thing, i thought once i had my 12 week scan everything would be ok but it didnt stop me worrying no matter how much they told me it was a healthy pregnancy.
Then i started to feel bubba move which reassured me a little bit, then my partners nan bought our pram on tuesday and i suddenly started to feel a little bit excited, then came the 20 week scan yesterday...... OMG it was amazing, we saw his little face, hands, heart, kidneys, toes, it was all so clear, we had a trainee doing the scan so took a little longer which was nice because we got to see him for longer and also found out we are having another boy (we have 2 girls and 1 boy) now i am so excited its like something has suddenly just changed inside me, cant wait to go and buy blue things :)

xxx

I have never had a miscarriage (well a suspected one at 19 but I don't count that) but I'm in the same boat worry wise- I haven't brought anything for the baby yet I even felt like I was jinxing the whole pregnancy by buying a pregnancy magazine.
My husband is worried that I'll continue not believing everything is ok that I won't be prepared mentally when our little boy arrives as I will never full accept that I am actually going to be bringing a baby home....

I'm lucky that my sister and mum & dad have kitted 'their little boy' as they fondly refer to him out so much he actually has more clothes than me!

xxxx

Yeah I think I'm waiting until the 20 week scan now. Although our scan last week showed everything was fine and I have no reason to think that anything has changed since then I still can't help worrying a bit as I just don't feel pregnant! Maybe once I start getting bigger and feeling movement I'll worry less but who knows! I think my worries have eased a bit since the dating scan but it still all feels surreal to me.. just want to start looking and feeling pregnant!

I think it's normal hun. I've been exactly the same. I didn't let myself believe it was real until i'd had my 12 week scan and seen bubs jumping all over the place! And then the wait between 12 and 20 weeks was horrible. At the moment you're in the phase where you probably still can't feel anything and don't really look or feel 'pregnant'. I didn't get a bump or feel movement til after my 20 week scan. But now it does feel real and even though i still worry, i get regular reassurance from his little kicks and nudges plus the midwives keep a closer eye on you the further along you get. Be patient and try and enjoy it hun xxx

How you're feeling is totally normal. I was the same last time, and thought 2nd time round I would be more relaxed... but am not at all lol

This is completely normal, I haven't had any m/c but I worry all the time....

Is he not kicking enough, why has he not kicked me hard yet, is he getting enough good stuff to grow, why does he have such long legs (yes according to the sonographer they are above average lol) etc etc.

I am hoping some of these swill stop as I and Riven progress :)

Thanks everyone.

I'm lucky that it isn't driving me crazy with concerns, but I just want to get to that stage where "Hell Yeah I'm preggers!". I think you are all correct that the 20 week scan will help, and I think just in general getting passed this tired/illness phase will do me the world of good in general.

Here's to healthy bubbas!

I feel exactly the same, I've had 2 miscarriages so been ultra tentative about this, I remember the midwife saying I liked so worried and nervous at my booking in apt. I get relief at the scans, but it's short lived and I worry again. I feel like I'll worry less after 20w scan but then think I'll worry about feeling movement etc. to be honest I don't think I'll ever stop worryIng now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back