Worried about fever

RobsLouise

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've been a member on this site for ages now but I haven't posted in a long while after taking a break due to multiple miscarriages. I was extremely lucky to have a successful pregnancy back in 2014 resulting in my lb and I'm now 17 weeks pregnant with number 2! My concern is that I started with a cough and fever on Tuesday, my doctor said he wasn't concerned, I wasn't showing signs of the flu and paracetamol was keeping my temp to just over 37 degrees. I continued to take paracetamol and monitor my temperature. It's been manageable although by the time the next dose of paracetamol is due my temperature is often spiking in the low to mid 38 degrees. This morning I had a temperature of over 39 degrees, cue panic stations!! 111 have told me to call my GP when they open which I will. I just wondered if anyone had any experience of having high fever while pregnant. I'm worried the how it may affect my baby :-(
Sorry for the long post btw!

I haven't but what about a wet flannel on your fore head? Might help a little till you get through to your doctors surgery. Hope u feel better soon.

Hi, congrats on the pregnancy! And sorry to hear you're poorly:-(
I had a cough and a temp a few weeks ago and turns out it was a UTI. It didnt hurt when I wee'd so i didnt realise what it was. Antibiotics sorted it and my temp came down.
According to Dr Google the womb regulates its own temp but anything over 38' needs to be checked.
Hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy your pregnancy:)
Xx

Thanks for your replies. I did send off a wee sample so I'm hoping they've got the results of that back. I do think I've picked up a virus though as my lb woke in the night with a temperature of 39 degrees so unfortunately I think I've passed whatever it is on to him, poor little mite :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back