Worried about changes to my body

DonnaKebab

Reaction score
Hi there. I have been reading about the changes your body goes through after pregnancy and i am worried in case my body is not the same e.g end up with droopy breasts, not as tight down below etc.. Sorry for the morbid details lol. This is bugging me so much along with worry about weight gain that it is putting me off having children! Anyone else got the same worries or had kids before and their bodies returned back to 'normal'? Any advice appreciated.

With my first pregnancy I could fit in my normal jeans within a week of giving birth. However, I was 23 and extremely fit at the time I got pregnant, running half marathons etc. I carried on exercising right until the day I had him. I realise that most people aren't this lucky. I had got used to big boobs and although mine didn't go saggy afterwards, I didn't like them being small, so I had implants.

I'm 35 now and know I won't be lucky like that again. However, body changes are a small price to pay for children in my opinion. If you remain fit and active, are in good shape to begin with and don't put on excess weight during pregnancy then sure you'll be fine.

Body changes are a small price to pay when having a baby. The benefits outweigh the negatives so much. Please don't let it bother you. If you want your body back after pregnancy you just have to make sure you exercise and eat healthy. Not all women get saggy boobs. And even if you do I doubt your partner would love you any less.

I honestly don't mean to sound rude but I imagine other posters didn't want to reply. I mean some of these women (maybe yourself included) have been trying for a baby for years and this subject may seem trivial to them because they would probably give an arm or a leg just to have a baby.

I hope I don't offend you by saying that. Good luck TTC.

Xxx

Once u have had a baby and u see how wonderful that feels I doubt you will 2nd think droopy boobs ect. I had 2 baby's in 16 months. My youngest is 6months and I'm back down to my pre pregnancy weight with joining sliming world. But after having an episiotomy 1st time and a 2nd degree tear the other I doubt my bits will ever be as they was. But I have 2 beautiful boys and wouldn't have it any other way ! Everything is worrying wheb your planning babies but soon as u get your positive the way u think totally changes.
Wishing u all the luck :)

Xx

No don't worry you haven't offended me. Your right with people not wanting to reply esp. if they have been trying for years - this is my 4 month just trying. I am sure once i have baby it will seem trivial but is just a worry just now as i got myself back in shape just recently after piling on the pounds from stopping smoking.

Body changes are a small price to pay when having a baby. The benefits outweigh the negatives so much. Please don't let it bother you. If you want your body back after pregnancy you just have to make sure you exercise and eat healthy. Not all women get saggy boobs. And even if you do I doubt your partner would love you any less.

I honestly don't mean to sound rude but I imagine other posters didn't want to reply. I mean some of these women (maybe yourself included) have been trying for a baby for years and this subject may seem trivial to them because they would probably give an arm or a leg just to have a baby.

I hope I don't offend you by saying that. Good luck TTC.

Xxx

Hi

I viewed your post earlier but didn't reply and this is why.

We have been trying for years. I have a flat stomach now, I'm a size 6-8 and weigh about 7 stone. I know all this would change if I had a baby but I'd give anything for it. Flabby stomach, droopy boobs, size 14? I don't care, give it me all if it means I can have a child. That said, I have lots of friends with kids who look great so it definitely doesn't happen to everyone.

I hope I haven't offended you. Once you have a child or have been trying for years, you won't care.

Katie x

didn't want to read and run, I know how you feel i'm absolutely terrified about excess weight and jiggly bits appearing, I used to be a heffalump and now i'm a happy 12/14 (massive hips haha) BUT after experiencing a miscarraige last year i'd rather be a size 18 again and have a healthy baby than my body right now! Its just one of the minor cons of becoming a mummy :) and strict diet and gentle exercise (as killer as it is) and motherhood will soon bring the body back <3 good luck with the baby making!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back