Worried about cardiac heart disease

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
I'm petrified. For years now I have had a diagonal crease on my right earlobe. I've no idea how long it has been there but I noticed it when I read about it in a trashy mag one lunchtime and panicked to know that I had it!
I went to the dr and he dismissed it, said he'd never heard of it!
It's known as Franks sign and is a significant indicator of heart disease irrespective of age, cholesterol or blood pressure.
I've started to worry about it again (who knows why??).
I got something in my eye when I was pregnant and one of our eye drs had a peep. I've just remembered that he said that I had a small arcus forming but thought little of it at the time.
So today I've put the two together and convinced myself that I have a heart problem.
Anyone know about cardiac stuff??? xx

I have never heard of this? What does it look like? How can a crease mean you have something wrong with your heart?

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

It's a diagonal crease that goes across your earlobe.
I'm not 100% on the whys but it's very well documented as an indicator and I'm so anxious about it :( xx

Ive never heard of either of them being a sign tbh.

I think that the best thing would be to keep an eye on your bp, make sure you have a healthy balanced diet and regular excercise. If you are worried maybe see a diff GP? I dont think that theres much they will do in the way of investigating it, without other symptoms indicating a possible cardiac problem.
Xx

tapatalking x

Thanks hun, I've got a dr appointment tomorrow and I'm going to demand a cardiac consultation. I've suffered from a range of symptoms for a while now but passed it off as anxiety xx

Best to get checked then :) xx

tapatalking x

I think I need to be just for my own sanity! xx

Hopefully they can rule out any problems and help you relax hun :) xxx

tapatalking x

I hope so, more than anything. I'm sure I'm being very irrational, worrying about my health takes up far too much of my day and I need to deal with it because it's ridiculous! xx

I hope so, more than anything. I'm sure I'm being very irrational, worrying about my health takes up far too much of my day and I need to deal with it because it's ridiculous! xx

Everyone has something they worry about, so dont feel silly!!

Hugs xx

tapatalking x

Well done on getting the appointment. And you don't have to wait too long for it. I'm sure everything will be fine but it's always worth insisting and getting checked out, even if it's just for your own piece of mind.

Frankly I think your wonder woman, you have all your boys, including a young baby and a husband who is poorly. I think that's enough to make anyone feel anxious!!

Thanks willow :friends:
I'm fairly sure that the cause of my anxiety and the palpitations is down to stress and having far too much on my plate. But, the irrational thing about panic and anxiety is that you always think "yeah, but what if....." And all common sense goes out of the window!
I've had an anxiety about my heart for years now so hopefully this will put it out of my mind once and for all xx

Cos I really feel for you, my daddy has a lot of heart and blood problems and I've always thought I had something wrong with me that was undiagnosed. I was having pains in my chest and arms and I ended up being take away in a ambulance because I had a bad panic attack (my first) and I literally thought I was dying. They ran an ECG and checked me from head to toe.. It was the first time in my life I'd suffered from severe anxiety but it has now gone.. I think once you are checked you can stop wondering and speculating. Xxxx

Thanks hun :friends:
It's terrifying isn't it? It's awful. I'm so hoping I can get a clean bill of health and put my mind at rest.
I hate living in this constant anxious state x

Fx everything is ok- I'm sure it will be

Am I right in thinking though that hope81 is a doc dealing in hearts??
Xx

Yeah she is, I did drop her a message but maybe she hasn't seen it yet. I'm sure she'll agree I'm possibly in need of psychological help rather than cardiac ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back