Worried about 12 week scan

strongminded

Reaction score
Hi all

I have my 12 week scan this sunday 3rd april. I am so nervous and worried about it..i even had a little cry the other day. I am having the abnormality screening too for downs syndrome. I am 34 and this is my first pregnancy after trying for 4yrs on and off..i read the older you are the more likely for things to go wrong. I am just besides myself and cant think positive thoughts at all :(

I am 34 (not yet pregnant) and fully understand why you are worried. We already have a little girl with DS in the family so that maximmises my stress over it- not that I have anything to worry about since I am not even pregnant.

Just remember the outcome of the test cant be changed and after years of trying, the baby will still be adored by you whatever happens. Its natural for you to be worried and of course it makes a difference to your family unit but if possible try to relax for the scan and enjoy seeing your bundle of joy for the first time

I'm 39 and mother to a beautiful and perfect 4 month old.
Good does happen too x

Thanks Sparklegirl. I am hoping for the best. And fingers x for you hope you get your bfp soon

It is only natural to feel like this I will be 39 when this little one 'my first' is born just try not to stress as it isn't good for you or the baby x

I'm 34 too and 12 weeks today with my first pregnancy, I'll be having the test but I'm more worried that the baby will be well and have a strong heartbeat. I'm just trying to concentrate on one step at a time. As much as we all want happy and healthy babies I'm sure we will overcome any obstacles along the way. Let's just hope that everything goes smoothly for us all x

I had my first baby at 33, my second at 35 and now expecting my third at 38. The vast majority of babies borne to mothers in their 30s are perfectly fine, try not to stress x

I'm 34 too and 12 weeks today with my first pregnancy, I'll be having the test but I'm more worried that the baby will be well and have a strong heartbeat. I'm just trying to concentrate on one step at a time. As much as we all want happy and healthy babies I'm sure we will overcome any obstacles along the way. Let's just hope that everything goes smoothly for us all x

You are right Jellybean. My husband told me to enjoy these months as they wont come back again. He is very positive and supportive. I cant wait for Sunday to come. I will probably be shaking during the scan. When is your scan Jellybean

I had my first baby at 33, my second at 35 and now expecting my third at 38. The vast majority of babies borne to mothers in their 30s are perfectly fine, try not to stress x

Thanks Aquarius. I am so glad to hear that. I just need to keep positive. Sometimes Google doesn't help!

Please try not to worry! I had a very healthy pregnancy & baby at 34 and I'm now pregnant again and will be 37 when the baby is due. There are some fantastic pregnancy relaxation tracks on YouTube, I used them a lot in my first pregnancy & felt very chilled and positive... maybe try one and see what you think. Wishing you all the best.

Please try not to worry! I had a very healthy pregnancy & baby at 34 and I'm now pregnant again and will be 37 when the baby is due. There are some fantastic pregnancy relaxation tracks on YouTube, I used them a lot in my first pregnancy & felt very chilled and positive... maybe try one and see what you think. Wishing you all the best.

Thanks Birdie I will try them out. That sounds like a good idea. Its so good to hear from all of you ladies. I feel more positive now

You are right Jellybean. My husband told me to enjoy these months as they wont come back again. He is very positive and supportive. I cant wait for Sunday to come. I will probably be shaking during the scan. When is your scan Jellybean

Mines Tuesday but only found out on Wednesday as rang hospital to chase it as was getting worried I'd be waiting ages, thankfully they booked me in over the phone.
My OH sounds the same as yours he keeps telling me to stop being negative but I know deep down he's desperate to get to Tuesday to know everything's ok.

The relaxation tracks sound good I think I'll look them up too x

Hi all

I have my 12 week scan this sunday 3rd april. I am so nervous and worried about it..i even had a little cry the other day. I am having the abnormality screening too for downs syndrome. I am 34 and this is my first pregnancy after trying for 4yrs on and off..i read the older you are the more likely for things to go wrong. I am just besides myself and cant think positive thoughts at all :(

Try not to stress too much. I'm 38 & will be 39 at full term. I was told my age is fine but over 40 is a different story. Not sure how one year can make that much of a difference but both the MW & the Consultant were very clear on this. What I'm trying to say is don't let worry consume you. I'm worried sick about my upcoming scan too. Bottom line is it's out of my control. There is absolutely nothing I can do to change the outcome. Enjoy your pregnancy. Xxx

Hi all

Try not to stress too much. I'm 38 & will be 39 at full term. I was told my age is fine but over 40 is a different story. Not sure how one year can make that much of a difference but both the MW & the Consultant were very clear on this. What I'm trying to say is don't let worry consume you. I'm worried sick about my upcoming scan too. Bottom line is it's out of my control. There is absolutely nothing I can do to change the outcome. Enjoy your pregnancy. Xxx

You are right Louise we are not in control of it all we can do is keep positive.

Good luck for today, I'm sure everything will be just fine and hopefully it will give you the reasurrance you need to be able to enjoy your pregnancy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back