Worlds best kept secret for drivers.....

SarahH

Reaction score
Just had this emailed to me.... whether it is true or not I am not sure!

WHO KNEW THIS ???

The Worlds Best Kept Auto Secret
I have been driving for n early 20 years... I would think I should have noticed the little secret on my dashboard that was staring me in the face
The whole time.........I didn't.............and I bet you didn't either......

Have you ever rented or borrowed a car and when arriving at the petrol station wondered...mmm, which side is the petrol filler cap?

My normal solution was to stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look , try to see in the side mirrors or even get out of the car!!!!

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to share with you my little secret so you will no longer look like Ace Ventura on your way to the petrol station

or put your neck at risk of uncomfort or injury.

If you look at your petrol guage, you will see a small icon of a petrol pump. ?

The handle of the petrol pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the petrol pump. ?

If your tank is on the left , the handle will be on the left . ? If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right (see photo above). It is that simple!

I don't know how you feel right now but when I found out this morning I felt cheated!

WHY don't the dealers share such importnant information with car buyers?

I don't understand why this isn't in the Highway Code or even the car manufacturers manual? ?

I don't get why any mechanic I have ever been too or know has even thought of mentioning this to me? ?

The only possible explantion can be that all these people probably don't even know!

Go out and share the worlds best kept auto secret with your friends as this is information is way too important to be kept secret.

EDIT: forgot to add the pic :oops:

GetAttachment.jpg

lol cool, ill check next time i get in my car :)

it's not true... i work for a broadcasting company and we asked people to test the theory out and sadly most cars didn't fit the "secret"
:D

going to say mines to the right on the gauge and to the left in real life :rotfl:

LOl you can only release the petrol cap cover from the inside of my micra so I pop it out just as I pull into a garage to remind me which side my caps on... as I can see it in my wing mirrors.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back