**World Vision Alternative Gifts**

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
Ive just bought a couple of gifts from this website, and its fab. The gift can be something like farming tools, school books, or even a llama goat or chicks, that go to developing countries and are sent on behalf of your gift recipient. Its a worldvision incentive which imo are one of the more pro-active charities.

Have a look before you decide but as soon as I saw this website (I was actually looking for alternative gifts as in trying to find something different for OH lol) I knew it was a worthwhile thing to do at xmas, and if just a few more people from here do the same we could make a real difference!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

http://www.greatgifts.org/

I'm sorry but.... that is one of the most...

Wonderful ideas I've ever seen... :shock: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: It's too late now as all the xmas shopping was done early this year... but I will certainly be looking at it for birthdays and the future for peeps I have no idea what to get for them... (like my parents :roll:)

its great isnt it! I had no idea it even existed but I'll definitely be using it more than just for xmas :lol:

Ive just ordered a few things off there for my hubbie and little one for xmas. I was wondering what to get them as stocking fillers. Its such a wonderful idea. Thanks for the link xx

They are brill aren't they :D

We asked for gifts from this site for our wedding as didn't need toasters/ towels/ tea cups or the like - had been together for 13 years and already set up house aaaaggggesss ago :lol:

Fluffy Bunny said:
They are brill aren't they :D

We asked for gifts from this site for our wedding as didn't need toasters/ towels/ tea cups or the like - had been together for 13 years and already set up house aaaaggggesss ago :lol:

awww thats lovely, I think i'll do that when we get married aswell as theres nothing "weddingy" we really need :D

aww thats such a sweet idea wish id hav e seen it sooner :)

I sent off for the catalogue last year but I never bought anything for anyone. You can pay for a school to be built can't you? :D

lou said:
I sent off for the catalogue last year but I never bought anything for anyone. You can pay for a school to be built can't you? :D

yeah but its about 3/4k, bit mad when you think about it :shock:

But you can buy equipment, uniforms, school meals, even lessons for under £50 :D

Maybe next year we could have a whip round on the forum and buy a gift from all of us :D

lou said:
Maybe next year we could have a whip round on the forum and buy a gift from all of us :D

what a fantastic idea!!!

I'll make sure I remember that :D :hug:

We buy gifts from the catalogue every year. So much more worthwhile than another pair of socks/gloves/slippers !!!!!

I did this last year and what was good was that the recipient had no idea of the cost either even if it's only a fiver you've spent

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back