Working

Happyred

Reaction score
Hi, i was just wondering if any of you ladies have had to take time off work during your first trimester? I work full time and im currently on night shift which im finding really difficult. My ms is worse at night and im absolutely exhausted all the time. I almost fainted on Sunday night and had to lie down in the middle of the corridor! I' ve never been off sick from work before, but im really struggling just now.

I've had to take a few days off when sickness has been really bad, I'm sure they will understand hon, you have to think of you and baby first :)

Hi happyred, I'm a nurse and had to take a week off work before Christmas, it would of been longer but I already had the following week booked off as holiday. I ended up in hospital dehydrated because of my morning sickness which lasted all day! You need to think of yourself and your LO, if you are really struggling, maybe you shouldn't be there xx

Luckily I'm my own boss and I haven't worked since before Christmas.
I also ended up in hospital on a drip because of my sickness.
If you've never taken time off sick, then ur work will be understanding. You get no thanks for turning up to work unwell anyway.
Put u and ur LO first and if u feel u need time off, take some time off xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hey Happyred, I have not taken time off as yet but I told my manager at 8 weeks.... he basically told me if I ever need to come into work slightly later because I am not feeling well then he completely understands. So I have been quite lucky, I wouldn't have hesitated to take a day off even though I have not taken a single day off due to sickness.

You have to think what is best for yourself and LO, now is definately a time when being slightly selfish is pretty acceptable!!

Hope the sickness eases for you

xx

I work shifts too, but not had any ms yet. But I am due on nightshift soon, so I am going to do that one set of shifts then go see doctor and get a letter saying its not good for me and get me taken off them. Cant bear thought of nightshift whilst being this tired anyway with being pregnant.

Thanks everybody. I have just contacted my boss and she is in the process of trying to change me back on to my day shifts, if she can get someone to cover my night shifts for me. Im a nurse and our ward is currently very understaffed, so I would prefer not to take the time off if I can, but I really need to do whats best for my Lo and i cant help but think these dizzy spells are my bodies way of saying its not coping! Thanks for the advice!

Hopefully this al gets sorted for you!! I agree that the dizzy spells are a sign for you to slow down slightly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back