working mums

hedgehog2000

Reaction score
Could you tell me how soon you started thinking about child care? All of my friends say ASAP, but surely not before the baby is even born. Thanks

best to go view some, and if you like i would book asap as all the good ones get booked up early. as some of my friends are finding out

talking about this...has anyone planned to go back to work after the statutory 26 weeks, and then, changed their mind about it?
I thought I would go bak to teaching in July, but am not that sure anymore! :?

Maheen will not even be 6 months old by then, and I resent giving her to someone else during 12 hours (I have to leave home at 6:15 and usually come back ame time in the evening!)
It's gonna cost me a fortune as well, and between childcare and mortgage, I won't have any salary left, so am thinking what's the point!!!?

If I stay home for another 26 weeks, at least I will be with my daughter, and she will be nearly one year old when I return to work!

I am a bit confused...coz, on the other side, I might find I need some time off for myself, and meet other people as well?
Oh I don't know!!!!!! :cry:

What are your view on this? any experience you might share with me?

Mel xx

i teach children with special needs and i was supposed to go back in sept but gave my notice in on monday to say i would not be returning what i would have left after ant half decent childcare is not worth missing my daughter growing up for

When I go back I'll just do one or two days a week, and short days at that cos I will drop and collect my son at school.

i got my child care 1 month before i went back to work but i started looking into it about 2-3 months before i went bck to work

Am looking into nurseries. My friend works in one so would ideally would like to put her there as then I would know someone there if that makes sense. Its tough finding child care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back