Working full time

Pip52976

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm 25 weeks and I'm really struggling with working fulltime. I'm a training co ordinator and spend my days either behind a desk or in the car. Every week I wake up on a Monday and have no idea how I'll make it through the week. Ive had a lot of time off sick already and not sure how they feel about it. I'm thinking about asking to maybe do 4 days a week but that's going to make things harder financially as I'm already on a crappy wage. I feel as though I should be contributing towards baby stuff and life as long as I can before it all falls on my oh shoulders. I'm not meant to be going on maternity for another 12 weeks and I'm worried that this is only going to get harder!

Feeling fed up and exhausted!

What sort of annual leave do you have? You can go on maternity from 29 weeks, and although I'm sure you want the time off after the baby is here, if you're struggling it might be worth going earlier. Maybe 35 weeks?

I worked full time in first pregnancy, and for the last 2 months before my maternity I took a Wednesday off so was only working a couple of days before having a day off. And I managed to work up to 36 weeks doing this, then I used some more annual leave and started maternity at 37 weeks.

I totally know what you mean. I work full time in a very busy and stressful job and have had no time off since being pregnant. Looking back now I really don't know how I got through the sickness, as I was being sick up to 10 times a day in work and just powering through. This has only just eased in the last week or so, but I still have bad days and the exhaustion really dosn't help. I've got 2 weeks off now, which is absolutely amazing and well overdue but I am already not looking forward to returning!
I'm due in July, when I have a load of reporting to do so I am currently planning on working up to the Friday before my due date on the following Wednesday. I have then tagged a load of leave onto the end of my maternity to be paid the last few months, but if I need it beforehand I will take it and just have to go longer without getting paid at the end. I figure me and my baby are more important than work, although I totally get your point of wanting to be as sensible as possible financially xx

I'm also 25 weeks and have two jobs one full time and the other mon, Tue evening and sat day. I'm suffering pgp and have now stopped the sat one. I'm also planning to stop the evening jobs at the end of march. I work in a special needs school and we go out alot which I struggle with. I can't take annual leave as my leave is holidays so I either have to take mat leave early or work till the end. Therefore I'm hoping to work up to 2 weeks before the birth but will have to see how it goes.
I get so tired and hips hurt all the time. Being pregnant is no fun x

I am lucky having a very understanding boss and company in general. Have a desk job working in sales which also involves travelling but they understand I have to slow down now and they don't push me as much. I feel relatively good as well so I know I am lucky!

I will work up until 2 weeks before due date unless something changes but if I was in your situation I would not be able to handle it I think. Have you talked to your boss? Surely they need to be a bit understanding and flexible? I hope everything works out for you and sorry your finding it so hard.. Pregnancy should be an enjoyable time xx

Hi so just got home having spent the last two days in Hospital with a kidney infection. This might explain why I was struggling so much! I have been signed off for two weeks and told to look after myself and baby before anything else. Feel so happy to be back home and that I shouldn't be feeling that rough for the rest of pregnancy! Hopefully once I'm better I'll make it to 35/38 weeks before maternity.

Xx

Glad you're getting a break Pip and hope you're feeling better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back