Work :/

twinkle90

Reaction score
I absolutely hate work at the mo. I know no one likes going but i hate it and tbh never hated it as much as i do now. I feel a couple of people are talking behind my back. I was on my way out of work waiting for a lift off my boss which i take everyday. She finishes same time as me. And that day she was giving someone else a lift. I over heard this other girl say 'where is it' i didnt hear what my boss said but in response the other girl said 'oh the other one' as if they have talked about me amd calling me the 'it'
And this morning a member of the kitchen staff came into the cleaning office, popped her head round and said 'oh you are here' as if somethings been said again.
I admit ive had a a fair amount of time off in the last month, but thats due to sickness and a hospital visit. Id thought these people would have had more of an understanding. And my boss as her daughter is pregnant and is due in 5 weeks.
Im on holiday for a week from the 9th June i come back on the 17th, my day off work is the 18th and ive got the midwife in the morning on 19th. Need to tell my boss. God knows what her response is :/

Sorry for the rant and sorry if some of it dont make sense xxx

Your boss may not have sympathy if her daughter has had a relatively easy ride and not had much time off etc, but that's not an excuse for her to be horrid.

It might be paranoia with thinking people are talking about you, if you can just try to brush it off.

My boss has been a bit of an arse recently, but as soon as he saw a picture of my nephew yesterday, he totally changed his tube because he'd forgotten the stress I've been under this week!!

If I were you I'd try and focus on a few things to get through this:
1. Your growing a beautiful baby and soon you won't be in work for a good chunk of time so you can look after him/her.
2. Your life probably isn't all that important to your work colleagues. Unless your friendly outside of work, to be honest, I don't have too much interest in what people I work with get up to/have going on. Focus on you, not them!!

I hope you feel better soon though, only just over a week and you have some holiday so that'll help break it up!! Xxx

Good advice from Tigger there. I need to follow it too!

My work sucks at the mo too, my boss seems to have it in for me - I think she's a little jealous of my pregnancy as she is single and I know wants children... But she also knows what we've been through to get here, so you'd think she'd be more sympathetic!

Anyway I've been taking it in my stride, quietly getting on with my work and looking forward to leaving in a few weeks - this helps lots! :)

Hope you can find a way to make your place bearable too - not long to go then you'll have some time away with your lovely baby :) xx

Thanks Tigger. Amazing advice! My boss' daughter has had a crappy pregnancy with sickness and bleeding practically the whole pregnancy. Im just gonna keep my head down and get on with my work. Im hoping the cold ive had this week goes away and my energy levels rise.
Im so looking forward to my holiday and hopefully soon after i get my 2nd scan date through :D
Tigger i think your right with the paranoia. Im in the middle of a house move too. So hopefully once ive settled down. It will all ease off.

I cannot wait to get my MATB form and sort my Maternity out. Im due in Nov i may start my Mat in Sept. To wake up every morning to the joys of my baby and not have to go to work is 9 months of heaven to me.

Chloe im also just gonna get on with my work. And stop wondering what people are thinking.

Does anyone know if i can take anything to lift energy levels? Lack of it at the mo ;) xxxx

I feel that people don't believe me at work when I take time off work for whatever reason (pregnancy related) mainly they are all men and I just can tell when I ring and say I'm not coming in or when I go back that the majority just think I'm making it up and "Don't know what all the fuss is about!" ... to be honest I have found that unless you get somebody who is understand or is understand and has done it themselves your going to get that response from most people. Even the few women that I do work with had amazing easy pregnancies and think I'm just being a wet blanket about it. Well all I can say is F*CK YOU to anybody that things different :D We know our own bodies and we know our limits xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back