Work trying to tell me I can't go to my midwife appointment today

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Jojo84, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

My boss just told me I can't leave the premises to go I my midwife appointment or I will be disciplined! He has to go take care if some business At home (take his dog to the vet!) so j can't go

I'm going whether he likes it or not. I pointed out that they have a legal obligation to let me attend appointment... He caved in and said if have to make the time up another day so i pointed him towords our policies that state not only do we need time off for it but we have to be paid for the time. He tried to give me some sob story about his dog beig sick and might die which is sad and all but he's known for three week and I reminded him yesterday.

He's going to do my nut in if I have to fight for every appointment!!

2. hayes

hayes Well-Known Member

What an idiot its up to him to sort out his probs not dump them on you hun.

Michelle. x

3. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I've had issues with him ever since I announced. He was lovely when u had my mc a year and. Half ago "not my fault your baby died, now stop being dramatic and come back to work. Wasn't a baby anyway, just a period that came a little late" I was seething (I was 4.5 wks)

4. lozzalozza

lozzalozza Well-Known Member

I think you have to explain your legal rights and That will shut him up x.

5. JoanneG79

JoanneG79 Well-Known Member

Oh my god! I would have punched him in the face!

6. naomip

naomip Well-Known Member

Oh my god he sounds horrendous! Good for you tho for sticking up for yourself x x x

7. Claire123

Claire123 Well-Known Member

What an absolute cock!! (Excuse my language) who the hell does he think he is! I think u should get all the appointments under the sun just to piss him off xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

8. JoanneG79

Love it!! I almost have to stop my boss coming with me! When I told him about my scan date, he actually jumped in the air! My OH didn't even do that!!

9. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

Now the staff said I can be there and back in an hour Cos it'll only take 20 mins! My MW told me an hour. I said I'll be away 2 hours whether they like it or not. I'm about to snap necks off!!!!

10. JoanneG79

I would be making sure it takes 2 hours if I were you - even if it means sitting on a bench for 20 minutes somewhere waiting for time to pass!

Legally, they have to give you time off for the appointments, so they can huff and moan all they like - you need to see the MW.

Screw the lot of them!!

11. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I'm going to take 2hrs. I'm stressed enough about it without their interference

12. Shell99

Shell99 Well-Known Member

Don't even rise to it you don't need the stress! I'd write down every incident n if it continues report him to powers that be that's just ridiculous!

N don't rush back n make sure you still get ya lunch break!

Grrrr

13. Mummybexee

Mummybexee Well-Known Member

I'd laugh in their faces! suckers!

I'd love to meet your boss grrrr

14. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I have no time for a break :(

15. pitterpatter

pitterpatter Well-Known Member

What a massive shit bag he is! I would write down them comments when they happened! keep a log of it all, surely tahts classed as bullying almost in the work place, id go off with stress because of him and just say hahahaha fuck u , leave him to get on with it! What a prick, thats wound me up! Nasty man! Take no shit, hope you have fun at your midwife apoinment and dont rush back! xxx

16. Toria111

Toria111 Well-Known Member

Some people have no clue. He should know the rules rather than be stressing you out.

Is this your booking appointment? Mine took an hr and a half and we had no breaks really, so 2 hours is reasonable to take.

17. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I would if I could afford it. But I can't. They said I could leave at 12.45 but I want to go home and freshen up a first And pick hubby up.

18. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I can't even take a piss without getting told off. I'm so stressed I could cry

19. T84

T84 Well-Known Member

Sounds horrendous babe. It's small minded people like that that don't matter in life. Especially at this stage! He will know your rights and is trying to push the boundaries. Try and relax and enjoy your appt, he is sooooo not worth it x x

20. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

It's all of them! One is convinced ill be back in an hour cos it Only takes 20 minutes! Which it bloody well does not! I have a tack booked at 12.30 and they're saying i can't leave until cover arrives but he said he could be as late as 12:45 :( but I won't make it if it 12:45