Work just rang and want me to do a few KIT days - this week

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by CARNAT22, May 28, 2013.

1. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

I am not sure??

Childcare (at a push) could be arranged I am sure and the money would come in handy but I've never left James with anyone other than Daddy.

Not sure what to do?

My heart says I don't want to leave him yet, my head says its just for 3 days - that money would come in so handy!

xxxxxxxx

2. Titch85

Titch85 Well-Known Member

Maybe the short notice is a good thing, less time to worry about it beforehand! Only you can decide though.

3. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

I point blank refused to do any KIT days despite my boss doing her best to persuade me.

Its your decision hun, do whatever you feel happy with

XX

4. NavyLouise

NavyLouise Well-Known Member

If you think the money would be handy then I'd go for it. It might be good for you to let James be looked after for a few days?
    I'm going in for KIT next week and I'm apprehensive about leaving Enid for that, but mines only for 3 hours to catch up! I do think it will be good for me though and it might make me realise that the world won't end if she isn't by my side.

Good luck! Xx

5. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

Could you compromise and do just one day?

How strange they should ask you to do 3 days? Does this mean they have some task lined up for you already?

I got rubbish things to do when I came in on my days, important things that had been neglected in my absence. Having said that, I really enjoyed the time off being mummy. And absence makes the heart grow fonder :)

6. clairebear22

clairebear22 Well-Known Member

You could see this as 'practise' for when you're back at work properly? x

7. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

My replacement is off this week as she has had a "surprise" - this is what my manager said in her VM but she didn't elaborate when I spoke to her so I am tempted to go in to work just to find out what is going on?

I can only get someone to look after him on Thursday (Daddy needs to go Dr's so he is taking Thursday off, will go to the walk-in clinic and take James with him and work Saturday instead)

I am excited actually, and the money will be handy!

xxxxxxx

#7 CARNAT22, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  8. Sunbeam638

Sunbeam638 Well-Known Member

I've done 2 days and a four day course away but glad just for the money too! Hope it goes well x

9. kedi376

kedi376 Well-Known Member

Do it, it will be good for you and the money will be really handy. I'd finished all my kit days by March and I'm now doing two days a week (one day work from home though). I miss J loads but OH always sends me a morning picture after breakfast, which is lovely and the smiles and arm flapping I get when I return kind of makes it worth leaving.

10. babybee

babybee Well-Known Member

I'd definitely go for it. Work is quite fun when it's just a few days. Plus it'll make the idea of going back less daunting.
    Xxx

11. Lynds77

Lynds77 Well-Known Member

I am doing some too before I go back end of September. Only for the money though and to break myself back in gently. x

12. leesey

leesey Well-Known Member

13. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member