work colleague gave birth.....before me dammit!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by emmimoo, Jun 30, 2013.

1. emmimoo

emmimoo Well-Known Member

Sorry, having a sulk.

Work colleague who was 2 weeks behind me gave birth today.
    Funnily enough, my original due date was 29th June (before dating scan put me forward 3 days), her due date was 10th July and I have been booked in for induction 10th July if things dont hurry up. Random.

I have had a sweep, have tried spicy food, pineapple, nipple stimulation and tomorrow is the long walk option. OH is REFUSING the sex option.

Am almost ALMOST fed up!

:(

2. iWitch

iWitch Well-Known Member

Don't worry too much - from what I hear you'll miss being pregnant! Also re the sex thing, I ready it's the orgasm that triggers it so you could try flying solo! ;)

3. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

The sex thing is to do with the natural prostaglandins in sperm that will soften your cervix (only scientifically backed method for inducing labour naturally). Prostaglandins is what the body produces naturally to start labour and this is what they hope to stimulate during a sweep or its what the hospital give you when induced (prostin/propess).

4. Toria111

Toria111 Well-Known Member

I tried everything before talking my husband in to sex. It worked! Labour started 2 hours before I was due in hosp for induction!

5. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

I had contractions for 4hrs lastnight every 8/15mins for abou a minute at a time.. They started within 15mins after having sex...
    I think sex works cos it happened the other day aswell but seems to stop after a few hours each time!
    Im having a sweep tomorrow tho hopefully!
    I need this baby out! Xx