work/breaks/stress

angie84

Reaction score
Hey all

Question to u all. I work with children in a nursery and weve been pushed over last few months. Ie busy etc. Getting told off by managment for different things. Nothing bad. Just picking at silly little thing.
As nursery practioners its hard work and loads of paperwork

So stressed from all that.
Dont get my pregnancy breaks because we are that busy.
Also got told off for lifting a child. I said i know but if we need to lift we need to.lift. (not suppose to lift over 1yr olds) my room is 1yr 10 to 2 yrs 10!
What can i do??

But not all 1yr olds are good on their feet. Seems stupid rule!

Seems a silly rule. My little boy didn't walk till he was 14months so not sure how that would work. I would push for breaks. Busy or not you are untitled to them so you should have them. Have you had a work assessment done? You can say in that what your are and are not happy to do. Try not to let things stress you. Tho I know it's easier said than done. Hope it all gets easier for u x

Yes there has been a risk assessment done. Just we are so busy havnt got the time for a break.
Gonna go in tomorrow and talk to dep manager.

Yeah I would hun. I'm not pregnant and I'm still adamant I have my breaks lol. Be firm and tell them that you really need them and how it's making you feel. Last thing u want is to be off with stress x

I'm still picking up my 5 year old so I wouldn't worry. I've got a meeting on Wednesday as its not a suitable environment and any time I even date to stop I'm shouted at so I'm hoping they'll fire me. Have a chat with your manager and hopefully they can put some suggestions in place xx

I'm still picking up my 2 year old nephew, and playing his favourite game (making him bounce high up into the air off the sofa). As far as I'm concerned, if you shouldn't be doing it your body will soon let you know.

Insist on breaks. How much hassle will be caused to the busy nursery if you overdo it and end up going home ill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back