Work and Boredom

emma1976

Reaction score
Is anyone else feeling the same as me. I seem to have lost all interest in work (as some of you know when you get me on chat). I have no motivation at all and just can't wait to get onto maternity leave, which seems like forever away. I am so bored and even though I have work to do just can't seem to get down and do it very quickly and even the smallest of tasks seems an effort. I find myself scuffing around the office like a zombie come the afternoon. I wasn't like this before I was pregnant and really enjoyed my job.

Is this just me or is everyone like it and just can't wait to get on maternity and have the job of being a mother?

Em xxxxxx

I feel exactly the same way. I've lost ALL motivation and can't wait for 5.30 to come round. I'm supposed to be organising an event for 500 people and I'm just not interested at all.

When do you plan on going on maternity leave? My EDD is 22-01-06 so probably wont be leaving until December. It's so far away I want to cry.

You are not alone - I have no concentration at all for work. Its really difficult, especially becuase i worry so much about things and whether the baby is okay.

My due date is 18.01.06 and my official maternity leave starts 09.01.06 (although I will actually be of work from 22.12.05 as our office closes for christmas and new year).

It seems like a whole lifetime away doesnt it.

I'm due 28th November and will leave about 2 weeks before but I'm feeling so bored it's like there's no way I can cope with this till then. I have a job to keep my eyes open and anytime anyone comes near me to ask for anything I am muttering pi55 off under my breath hoping they aren't coming to see me!!! What a nightmare. It seems like it's never going to end. It's worse at the moment too as half my group are on holiday so I am sat there on my own most of the day.

Em xxx

I have been out of work sine I was 5 weeks PG and I want to go back (but am signed off) for just a few months. I'm so damn bored at home! Don't know how much longer I can handle this. I'd reccomend you girls take a month of maternity time off though to relax as much as possible - you never know - it may come early!! :shock:

Enjoy being able to work while you can - I sort of miss it - I know I won't when baby comes but if some of you girls won't go back until your little ones are in school then enjoy it while it lasts (as mad as that may sound). xx

I couldn't wait to get out of work every day up to about 13/14 weeks, now I don't mind it again. I'm sure I'll soon get bored again though!!

I'm bored of being at home aswell Sami - feel like I am going round the twist! It's like Groundhog Day everyday!! :lol:

Well, guys, I work as a teacher and I'm teaching four year olds next year. I'm going back to work in three weeks, and though I have plenty do do around both houses ( we are trying to do one up to rent, it's a real job, loads to do and no money!) I'm just inclined to sit and read all day till the time comes to make lunch! I am barely keeping up with the housework and I KNOW my MIL thinks I'm sleeping all day or something, the bemusement on her face when she visits this pigsty is evident!

And I can't wait to get back to work! I think somehow that I will be more energised and motivated and less prone to worries.

Weird huh?

Sue

I know just how you feel!!! Im now having to do 'light duties' as before i was preg, i worked with patients with highly challenging behaviours, so im now not allowed patient contact, office work is my nightmare!!!!
Im due 5th feb and am 14weeks (not 13!) im hoping to save all my annual leave, and take 3 weeks maternity and get finished christmas week, and my lord that cant come quick enough!!!
Any way day off tommorrow to see midwife....yeah!!
stick at it girls, xxxx

Some day's are better than others I have to admit. My OH seems to think I'll be bored once I give up work but I just can't see it happening.

i too can't wait til I finish. I am counting down the days. Its just so hard to concentrate and I work with some horrible peeps who sometimes shout at me and I don't want my baby to hear that (if that makes sense??) However it has got a bit better, I finished all my coursework today so now I can just concentrate getting through this pregnancy!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I cant wait to leave, i hate my job so much, i was planning on leavi to go back to university and study full time to finish my degree in psychology, but have now, put that off for a further year. But am gutted now, cos im stuck in this job for a ittle longer, ahh never mind four mths and ill be gone, dnt plan on tellin them im not coming back after maternity leave yet tho, i was thinkin wen it finished i could get a job in a nursery(seems im a qualified nursery nurse) untill i decide to go back to uni, then i can take the little one with me, and wont be away from the him/het to much.

bec x x

Hi Ladies

I feel that i need to join this club.

I work in a hospital and i used to be whizzing around typing hundreds of letters a day and covering for absent staff, no trouble. now i can barely type 10 letters a day and everything is an effort.

I am due on the 2 feb and i am off from the 6 jan or maybe 13 jan, depends how i am. Was going to take extended maternity for a year but DH having a major operation on his wrist and so wont be able to work for a long while. So i have now decided to look for school / college work. hopefully something will come up. i desperately want to spend more time with my 2 boys and this little one.

why oh why didnt i win that 77 million!!!!! LOL

xx

maybe a load of us on this site should do the lottery together when it gets this big again!!!

I've got that pre holiday feeling, where you just get nothing done because you know you're going away. Not too bad when it's just for a couple of weeks, but another 5 months noooooooo!!!!

I'm not doing too bad in the mornings, when I've got a nice big list of stuff to choose from, but when I get to the dregs of the list in an afternoon, coming on here is a much better proposition.

Hi Tracy

I know what you mean. this site should have been available when i had my other 2 kids. god knows how i got by before!!!

xx

Yeaaaaahhhhh....10 days holidays....but wont ever want to go back.
they have been so unfair with me i wont be telling them im not going back after maternity leave either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back