...words of wisdom needed please. xx

Corrinne37

Reaction score
Ok so I had my hsg yesterday,
the last of all my tests - just waiting for my follow up appt beg March.

Anyway, scans , x ray etc have shown that all is clear , no blockages, or abnormalities and nothing out of ordinary showing up.

So just waiting to see blood results etc as I am convinced its a hormone problem.

So we have decided to ttc again! yay ! back in the game. (OH was petrified of losing another as suffered bad depression after)

Now, since we have been trying for our second, we so want a little girl, we have been following the shettles method and trying for a girl - both we have lost.

Do I slyly try for a girl (BD only b4 and up to 2 days prior to OV) or just relax and do it whenever or SMEP.
I so want a girl, that is my dream. So do i try to control the sex or just leave it to nature??

What do you think girls? xxx

Mmm relax and let nature run it's course ;)

So if you b'd like above how come your more likely to get a girl? That's interesting :) I think I conceived on ovulation so am I in for a boy?x

Well, i honestly think that after everything that you've been through that you won't really care if it turned out to be a boy ;)

Trying for a girl might reduce your chances and it might even heighten the disappointment if it is a boy because even if you do believe you can impact what gender the baby is, it's not 100% accurate.

I'd put getting any baby above getting a baby girl, but it really depends where your own feelings lie :)

At the same time, you could kick yourself forever if you get a boy and didn't try for a girl iykwim...

Whatever you want more. A baby or a baby girl.

Mmm relax and let nature run it's course ;)

So if you b'd like above how come your more likely to get a girl? That's interesting :) I think I conceived on ovulation so am I in for a boy?x

Apparently so Sunbeam, but as Louise says its not 100% accurate - about 85 - 90 % according to the book.

xx

Well, i honestly think that after everything that you've been through that you won't really care if it turned out to be a boy ;)

Trying for a girl might reduce your chances and it might even heighten the disappointment if it is a boy because even if you do believe you can impact what gender the baby is, it's not 100% accurate.

I'd put getting any baby above getting a baby girl, but it really depends where your own feelings lie :)

At the same time, you could kick yourself forever if you get a boy and didn't try for a girl iykwim...

Whatever you want more. A baby or a baby girl.

Thanks Louise, it, always my dream to have one of each, and because of my age, I def will only have one more (if I get that) so I would so love it to be a little girl. When I see cute little girls my heart goes ping, its so what I want.But like you say I do so crave another baby too.

Trying for the girl only makes it very stressful, and we have been through so much, hat really I need to take that away.

So I think just relax and hope my prays are answered and I am blessed with another baby, and even better still a baby girl.

Much love girls. xxxx

Relax and take it easy this time. You could sway for getting a girl because there is a difference between the female carrying sperm and the male carrying sperm. The male sperm is much quicker at swimming because it carries a shorter y chromosome which makes it lighter. So following the shettles method you give a better chance of the girl sprem who carries 2 x chromosomes and is a slower swimmer the chance to get in position ready. However it takes many sperm working together to break the outside of the egg so there is a chance that the male sperm will get there first anyway.. So in short you just even them out x

Hey Corrine,

I personally would take the "let nature decide" route.....

Of course we all secretly have our preference but I guess ultimately we'll all just be thrilled if we can conceive and have a healthy baby

xxxxxxxxx

Hello darlin', it seems like forever since I chatted to you, the way I see it, you obviously have space in your heart for another baby, I know you go gooey when you see little baby girls, but if you were to concieve and have a beautiful healthy little baby boy, I think you would be delighted, sometimes life throws us a curve ball and takes us in a direction we didnt know we were going, its funny when you think about it, I would just carry on TTc and try to relax as much as possible, good luck hun xxx

Hey hun just catching up, just wanted to say glad all your tests were clear that.is fab news. Can't really comment on the trying for a girl thing cos I didn't know there was anything you could do to ensure a girl (apart from old wives tales). I think if you're going to try them you should be ready for it to be either one. There's never any guarantees. Good luck Xxx

thanks girls, i will just relax, and what will be will be.
someone said to me 'what is meant for you, will not pass by you' so what is meant to be will be, i cant control that.
bring it on mother nature xxx
thank so much ladies your all so fab xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back