wondering???

Hayley05

Reaction score
When did you all take your piercings out? Or did you?

Hi Hayley

I guess you mean naval or "downstairs" piercings but I took my nose ring out as soon as I found out I was pg. I just thought it wouldn't be nice to have my baby not be able to grab or touch my face and I wanted to start as I mean to go on so I didn't wait for the birth before I took it out.

:) lou

I have put retainers in my belly button which are flexible so arent as much pressur on the piercing hole. Labrette (lip) has come out coz the metal tasted funny :lol: still got to get a retainer for it

I had my nipple pierced, and cos my boobs were expandind, i took it out, cos i cudnt be bothered to go get a bigger bar, didnt see the point ne way, cos i plan on breastfeeding so it wud have to come out eventually.

bec x x x

ALL THAT I HAVE PIERCED IS MY TONGUE, NOSE, AND EARS I DIDN'T TAKE ANY OF THEM OUT WHEN I HAD MY SON AND HAD NO PROBLEMS. SO I DON'T THINK I'M PLANNING ON TAKING THEM OUT WHEN I HAVE THIS CHILD. I WOULD IF I HAD MY NIPPLES OR BELLY BUTTON PIERCED I THINK BECAUSE YOUR BELLY GETS BIG AND I'M A BREASTFEEDER :D

ALEX

hi just wondering is there any particular reason why we would have to take piercings out? when i had my first child all i had done was my ears now i have nose and belly button too i know maybe my belly button might get uncomfortable when i get bigger but was just wondering is there any other reasons why id have to remove them xxx

Hi All,

Rach as far as I know it is only for peircings that are affected by pregnancy.. ie naval because of skin on belly expanding - I think the only reason is for the comfort and the stretching of the skin around the peircing may cause pain and the jewellry would / could irritate. I was told when pregnant 10 years ago to take naval piercings out [I have 3 piercings in my naval] at about 16 weeks but I m/c at 15 weeks :cry: As for other piercings I have no idea..... just be aware of any pain but nose, ear, facial etc are all OK but naval and private parts may be sore!!

This year when I fell pregnant I bought retainers from OUCH! - they were great but never put them in as m/c at 8 wks.. I sent them back unopened but hope one day soon I will buy some more.. I have no intention of letting my piercings close up unless I HAVE TO!!

Happy pregancies everyone :)

thanks anna marie mine is ok at the moment and im still wearing it have ordered 2 from ouch in different sizes though so when the time comes i will have them ready :D they should be here any time now they are so pretty and so cheap the only ones they sell in my town are the plain clear plastic ones and they are 12 pound so the ones on ouch are a real bargain
:D hopefully wont be long now hun and you can order some too good luck and sending you loads of baby dust xxxxxxxxxxxxx

you can have to take all jewllery out if c-section's, my friend was told to take off all her jewllery inc her tounge percing as they thought she may have to have an emergacy c-setion, and as she'd only had it periced just about 6 months (she didn't know she was pregant till she was 20 week's) it closed up and she had to get it re-done which hurt alot apparently.

if u do have a c section you will have to take all jewellery out, but u can put it back in after.

as for having tongue pierced again, it hurts alot less second time round, ad you know what to expect. :lol: had mine done 3 times so far lol

hiya all
ive only just took my belly bar out now (at 28 weeks) as u can start to see the bar through my skin, its not hurting me or anything i just dont wont my belly to rip open. i am getting a ptfe bar this week though so it wont close up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back