Wondering whether to stop with ebm :(

Discussion in 'Combination Feeding' started by DaisyDoo, Apr 9, 2013.

1. DaisyDoo

DaisyDoo Well-Known Member

Ive been expressing for a week now - i dont produce loads of milk, probably enough for 1-2 feeds a day if im very lucky, but ive noticed that after feeding Eva with my ebm she is quite often sick. I dont know whether its my bm that is causing her to be sick or whether its something else - it just seems that shes more often than not sick after her bottle of mine. We're having problems with wind anyway and today changed her formula. Shes had a bottle of ebm and was sick straight after when i was winding her.

I dont know what to do. I know bm is very good for them, but on the same note i dont want her being sick every time she has it.

Does anyone have any advice? Has it happened to you - or if not, what would you do anyway?

2. MrsT2011

MrsT2011 Well-Known Member

Yes this happened to me! B would projectile vomit my milk but never formula. He grew out of it at 8 weeks and it didn't happen very often luckily.
    Maybe split your milk up in the fridge and give 1 oz breast and 1oz formula - not sure how much your lo is taking. It might be worth giving formula first.

3. DaisyDoo

Could give you a complex really couldnt it!! I usually give ebm first and then formula, i'll give it a go the other way round and see what happens. Thanks!

4. MrsT2011

MrsT2011 Well-Known Member

How's it going Hun? X

5. DaisyDoo

Its going ok - not sure what all that was about but she seems to be much more settled now and isnt sick so much! Im trying to pump a bit more than i was to get my supply up - hope im not fighting a losing battle!