Woke up to the phone ringing

itisbabytime

Reaction score
:cry:

woke up to my phone ringing early this morning, caller was my bestest friend and I knew exactly what she was goign to say.

She did a test this morning. She is pregnant. She is the only one who knows we are ttc. She doesnt know about my charting , obsessive poas habit, addiction to PF etc. She does know how long we have been ttc, but i shrug it off to a more, "seeing what happens plan." She has been ttc for the exact length of time we have so it was likely it was going to happen but I never thtought it would hurt this much.

I am absolutely devastated, I could tell she was nervous telling me and I knew she was going to say it before she did.

I managed to hold it together when we were on the phone, my voice did waiver a bit but I really did try. As soon as we hung up, that was it, flood gates opened and I am going through every possible emotion. Happiness for her, jealously, frustration, anger, disppointment.

So thats it... nothing else to say, just helps to get it out in writing sometimes.

I'm sorry hun it's so hard but I know your happy for her it doesn't stop all the other emotions though. Xx

Sorry honey, I know exactly how you feel! Its very weird you are genuinely happy for your friend but it just focusses you so much on what you dont have! Spoil yourself today!!!

Aw well that's great news for your best mate to finally be pregnant after trying so long :) She must be so relieved!

I'm sorry that it makes you feel badly for yourself :hug:

I know exactly how you feel, my best friend is also pg she told me in oct and i felt the same things that you have was so pleased for her and so upset and then guilty but i have to say im fine now and v.excited for her and cant wait for it to b me too so we can share the stories.

FX it will b our month soon.

Michelle. x

Hi hon I have just seen your post. I am sorry you feel so low. I think as the day goes on and the news sinks in your will start to feel better. I know this must be hard as you have been TTC for the same time, but when you feel better just think how exciting it will be going through this pregnancy with your best friend. My SIL got pregnant last July and she is due in March. After what feel like I had been punched the day they told us I have to say i have thoroughly enjoyed the excitement that myself and my family have all shared. Yes there will be a time when you feel fed up (see my nursary post rant last Saturday!!!) but all in all i can honestly say I have felt happy and you will do as time goes on. She is your best bud, the one she turns to for everything. Let the news sink in today and then go and see her. I promise you, you will feel better about this and I can totall see what this morning was a shock. i bet she felt dreadful telling you and prob feels rubbish today too. Sending you big big hugs and let us know how it goes. Remember the day will come when you can pick up the phone and tell her!!! :) Love Gizzy xxxxx

thanks ladies, your right, i am feeling better now. i was blubbing every so often this morning and afternoon but ok now, just seen the clearblue advert and it didn't set me off so definately better!

i am so excited for her now! still hurts but it WILL be my turn one day.

thanks, was home alone and had no one to talk too and needed to get it out so thanks for reading. xxxx

glad your feeling bit better now. sending u a big hug xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aw love it's just not fair! Should be both of you! It will be you soon! It's good that you wrote about your emotions and have acknowledged them, soon you will be able to put them to one sie and get on with things. :hugs:

xx

I went through this just last month with my best friend, its bloody hard emotionally but it does get easier xxx

I friggin hate that clearblue advert!!

itisbabytime, just catching up with this hun, sorry you were so upset. great news for your friend but terrible how bad it can make you feel. glad you're feeling a little bit better though. soon it will be you and you can be bump buddies with her :) keep thinking positive hun xxxxx

oh and i'm with yous on the clear blue advert, every channel i turn on it's there! like she's talking staight to me lol! i turn the channel asap! lol x

I feel the same everywhere i look its clearblue, pampers follow on milk or something elses to do with babies drives me insane!!!

Michelle. x

It seems the world and his wife are getting pregnnat at the moment.

Only yesterday I found out OH's cousin is pregnant (due in June) she had been with a new fella for a month!!! I mean seriously! Seh must have got pregnant immediately?

OP - It's natural to feel this way, especially as you and your friend have been TTC for a similar amout of time.

Fingers crossed you'll be joining her soon!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back