Wishing I knew these things...

Nic36

Reaction score
Just suddenly feeling really sad and upset this afternoon... As DD draws closer, I'm really starting to think more about my own birth and wishing I knew so much more about it than I do.

Majorly regretting not asking my parents more questions when they were here... But it was never really anything I thought about before I fell pregnant myself. Now I just keep wondering, did I arrive early or late? How was labour for my Mum? Was it a short or long labour? Were there complications? Was there intervention? Did she try to breast feed? I wish I had someone to ask, but I don't and I'm just getting myself more and more upset...

Also wishing they were still here to welcome their first Grandchild... :(. Stupid hormones... Making me feel sorry for myself... Grrrrr... :(

:(

This must be so hard for you sweetie.

Just think that if they were around how much they would be happy for you and becoming grandparents.
Sending you massive hugs xxx

:hug: big hugs. Totally natural for you to be wondering about these things now you are about to become a mum. It's so sad that your parents aren't here to share this special time with you :hug: xx

Thanks ladies... I'll get over it - just being over sensitive and emotional today... Think I need to do something to take my mind of it... X

I just wanna give you a hug hun. I have never spoken to my mum about these things more than in the past few months. Just make sure you don't make the same mistake and record everything for your LO for the future. My mum has even wrote a letter to my future grandchild incase she isn't around. I have got a baby record book this time. I never did one with Dylan 13 years ago so have wrote him a letter for when his time comes. It may help you to do that hun. Lots of love and hugs your way. xxxxx

:hugs: Hoping your feeling better soon. x

I just wanna give you a hug hun. I have never spoken to my mum about these things more than in the past few months. Just make sure you don't make the same mistake and record everything for your LO for the future. My mum has even wrote a letter to my future grandchild incase she isn't around. I have got a baby record book this time. I never did one with Dylan 13 years ago so have wrote him a letter for when his time comes. It may help you to do that hun. Lots of love and hugs your way. xxxxx

That's a lovely idea - great to have records of things to look back on. I have been given a baby book too, so am going to record everything for LO to know in the future. :) x. I have so many photos of me as a baby which is lovely, it's just the details of early days that I don't know about.

Sending you a big hug xxx
I've been spending a lot of time lately wondering what my dad would have thought about me having a baby. I've wondered what his face would have looked like when I told him I am pregnant, what names he would suggest, how he would want to help decorate the nursery and most importantly what he would be like as a grandad. These are things I'll never know, but I find it comforting to think that he's watching over me xx

my mum wrote a diary of how she felt and what it was like when she gave birth to me. i was 10 days early and an emergency c section just before xmas so it was traumatic for her and her first experience of being a mum. she said writing it all down helped her get it out and then years later she gave it to me and its lovely to have a lil book that helps me understand what my mum went thru to have me. id really recommend it to anyone as its really appreciated.

Sending you a big hug xxx
I've been spending a lot of time lately wondering what my dad would have thought about me having a baby. I've wondered what his face would have looked like when I told him I am pregnant, what names he would suggest, how he would want to help decorate the nursery and most importantly what he would be like as a grandad. These are things I'll never know, but I find it comforting to think that he's watching over me xx

Definitely comforting to know they are watching over us. :)

aww hugs hun, it must be so hard for you, like jo iv been quite upset latley wondering what my dad would have been lie as a grandad and my brother as an uncle but i guess we all know they would have loved there grandchildren and thta will have to keep us going xxx

Is there any way u could contact the hopsital u were born in ? they might know what happened to your mothers medical records from ur birth?

aww hugs hun, it must be so hard for you, like jo iv been quite upset latley wondering what my dad would have been lie as a grandad and my brother as an uncle but i guess we all know they would have loved there grandchildren and thta will have to keep us going xxx

Is there any way u could contact the hopsital u were born in ? they might know what happened to your mothers medical records from ur birth?

Sadly, the maternity hospital I was born in has long been knocked down. I sent an email earlier today to my godmother, thinking she might know more details, but she doesn't.

I know the essentials, like weight and time, I'm just curious about the more personal details of the whole labour process - now that I am contemplating what it might be like for me, it seems important for me to know how it was for her. Oh well, never mind. I know my parents and hubby's dad will all be with us and our little girlie when she is born, and they will be s o proud! :)

Aww your post made me cry. I can empathise, I've missed not having a mother from march last year when I got married and had no one to help me get dressed. I've wanted to be pregnant for so long and it's not been an easy pregnancy I have had so many questions and no one to ask as I'm an only child as well. The biggest difference is my mother is still living although I don't know where and when I emailed her in July to tell her the news the wrote a horrible mail back saying she wasn't interested and what a disappointment I had always been. Big hugs to you xxxx

Last edited:
Aww your post made me cry. I can empathise, I've missed not having a mother from march last year when I got married and had no one to help me get dressed. I've wanted to be pregnant for so long and it's not been an easy pregnancy I have had so many questions and no one to ask as I'm an only child as well. The biggest difference is my mother is still living although I don't know where and when I emailed her in July to tell her the news the wrote a horrible mail back saying she wasn't interested and what a disappointment I had always been. Big hugs to you xxxx

Aww, Vikki, huge hugs to you... Xx. It's so difficult isn't it - we all need our Mums in so many ways and it's not until they aren't there to support you that you really realise how much they are needed. I'm an only child too, and pretty much saw my Mum as the sister I never had.
I hope that your Mum comes to her senses in time and realises that you want your LO to know her Grandma, and that she will be proud of you both... Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back