Wish OH gets another job

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by twinkle90, Jul 25, 2013.

1. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

Hes been saying for ages that hes wants to a new job, but isnt actually trying. He currently works in Macdonalds. The wage is crap. Hes gets 200-350 every 2 weeks. Hes always asking me to help him. Ive made lists of jobs available and never have try for them. We went shopping to an outlet where they advertised an assistants job. And wasnt interested. The only reason i havent taken the whole maternity year off is because we couldnt live of his wages. I really wish he would do something. I know i should be grsteful hes got a job, the wage isnt enough though xxx

2. briggerz

briggerz Active Member

I feel the same way hun!

My OH is currently working on a 0 hour contract which means they can send him home early, or ask him not to come in at all. I want the year off with my baby and he's promised he will sort it but he's not doing anything about finding a new job, or at least getting something part time to suppliment his income. We've had huge rows about it and only then does he get off his backside to try, then when the rows over he's back to not bothering!

It drives me insane!!!

3. Emmalina

Emmalina Well-Known Member

Feeling your pain, my partner doesnt have a great deal of money but also works pants hours, 11.30 am till 10 pm all wk then all day Saturday and Sunday. I spend a lot of time alone and get really down, he is trying to get a new job but not trying hard enough just lately grrrrrrrrrrrrr x

4. smnicholson92

smnicholson92 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain about the low income my partener get 170 a week working 40-50 hours a weeks hes doin an.apprentiship tho xxx

5. Holly1991

Holly1991 Well-Known Member

He should work for Waitrose, I work 2 days a week '9 hours' and I get £340 a month plus they always have overtime etc
    They pay well and lots of perks. They look after staff x