Wish LO would make up its mind!

Mrs CW

Reaction score
I really thought everything was kicking off last night!
On thursday I had really bad back pain all day and I've been getting loads of BH and period pains along with loose bowels for about a week (sorry TMI) :blush:. Yesterday the backache had eased and I decided to finish my christmas shopping so went into town for a walk about. By the evening the back pain was back and coming and going every 15/20 minutes or so. I went to bed wondering if it was the start of things. I woke up at 1.30am to some pain, went to the loo and tried to go back to sleep which I couldn't. The back pain got really intense and moved around to the whole of my stomach with the tightening and was lasting for about 1min, it made me feel really sick :shock:. These were coming every 5 minutes for about an hour (I also felt like I was leaking so was trying to determine that too), then when I decided it was time to wake my OH the pains started to ease :wall2:. I've got them again this morning but they aren't so intense. I feel like I'm in limbo at the mo! It was probably just really intense BH and I'm bound to go overdue!
Sorry for the moan! x x x

Aw Hun hope things are kicking off these Pf babies r being right rascals ATM :hug:

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

They are definitely being rascals! I just want to know now when LO will be here! x

Symptoms do sounds pretty much consistent with early labour! How are they today?

The back ache and cramps are there but no where near as intense or frequent as last night. They do reach a peak and then settle x

Hmm, well it would be pretty good if it was it. For both of us! I'm thinking of the things I havent done yet, so maybe a couple more days would be useful and then I'll be ready.

Time to start on that rasberry leaf tea :)

I keep thinking of the bits I've still got to do! Fx for both of us!

I've started the RLT but I've been pretty crap at taking it tbh!

Never posted on a forum before but feel have no one to talk to. Overdue with baby number two. Been having what I keepnthinking are contractions as painful and tick all I've boxes on and off fir weeks. Thus morning waters appeared to break with 5 minute contractions but returned from hospital as another false alarm. In constant pain with what appears to b spd but was not treated. Plus pregnancy insomnia really bad so exhausted and finding it hard ti cope with toddler ( who is an angel). Know this will all be over soon but feel so low and let down by my body. Had similar, but not as bad, ith first who was induced at plus 5 days. Feel stupid with false alarms and that I dont know. Sorry for moan and know not unique feelings but so hard....

Hi Kbex! Welcome to the forum :wave:

We never think anyone is silly on here, every tiny concern is valid, how else are we supposed to put our minds at rest, espcially with all the hormones too!

I often wonder how on earth women who already have small children cope with this. I mean I need to lie down almost half my time and surely that is impossible with a toddler as well!

Your hospital don;t sound very helpful, it certainly sounds like labour. Though I suppose false labour is probably quite common?

Hang in there, it can't be long for you now! xxx

Thanks not sure if good cry will make me feel better or worse but your kind words have set the tears flowing! Luckily toddler at nursery today. Fed up of crossing m fingers that today will be the day. Doesn't help that if it doesnt happen naturally induction will be around christmas! X

Mrs CW-sorry to hear things are not there yet. Our bodies do play tricks with us!!
Kbex-when was your due date? Mine was on Monday 12th and there's been small signs but nothin has happened and I am so fedup now. I know how u feel about Xmas induction too. I will be induced on either Xmas eve, Xmas day or boxing day if baby hasn't arrived-that sucks!!! I have a second sweep on Monday and hope that helps. I hope a good cry helps, I have one a day when I am feeling fed up and it does make me feel better. Post when feel like it about anything, the ladies are so supportive here. Xxxx

To both Kbex and Forestlas

I really hope you are both now in labour and not having to be induced on xmas day! I couldnt think of anything worse than being in hospital in agony on Christmas day (except maybe having to spend it with my family, lol!).

Anyway, just updating to say, thinking of you both x

To both Kbex and Forestlas

I really hope you are both now in labour and not having to be induced on xmas day! I couldnt think of anything worse than being in hospital in agony on Christmas day (except maybe having to spend it with my family, lol!).

Anyway, just updating to say, thinking of you both x

Hi starfish.....thanks so much for your lovely post. No change here and I've decided not to stress about it anymore. As long as baby is OK then I don't mind waiting. It'll be a Xmas I will never forget if he/she does wait til then!! Either way I have decided that due dates are just a guide and expect baby to arrive anytime from 37-42 weeks as it makes it easier to cope with mentally! Keeping busy as well so that's good :) xxx

Hey

Awake at 4am with usual pregnancy insomnia which wakes me every hour at least throughout the night and then no more sleep After 4 am. No change for me. Had day of increasingly stronger contractions which just ignored and looked after toddler as fed up of false alarms and had these for weeks. Now lying in bed with start of today's pains. Also been reading NHs and nice guidelines on sweeps. Have moved from Manchester to Stockport but still having baby in Manchester hospital so having problems with Stockport community midwifes refusing to sweep saying clinical decisions should be for Manchester but then Manchester hospital won't see me till term plus 9. Manchester community midwife would sweep at 41 weeks before hospital appointment. Stockport would too if under hospital care. Anyway feel got enough info now to argue with midwife on Tuesday if she refuses sweep! Baby was 9 pound 7 last week on scan do don't want it to get too much bigger. Last time was also very happy to wait till 42 weeks as hadn't been in constant pain for 2 m

Kbex- good luck with your appointment on Tuesday. U def should have a sweep. I have my second one on Monday and I've been told it's a 50/50 chance of working. I honestly do think an Xmas eve induction is what my baby is going for!! Does he/she want to be called Jesus or Mary?? When was your due date? Xxxx

Due date was 14 Dec but was admitted with contractions at 3O weeks so everyone convinced thus baby was going to be early. Spent from 30 weeks onwards trying not to have thus baby - with a few more worrying hours of pains until got to 37 weeks. Now ironically doing all I can to get the contractions back or at least the ones u keep having to do something! If it was m first Xmas baby be better but at just two it's the guest xmas my two year old understands. Plus will involve difficult decisions and probably arguments in laws as to whether we just rearrange the whole of Xmas, which I would prefer, or whether as they will be looking after her the hav Xmas with her and without us!

Forestlas80- Is it your first? Would you for a more seasonal name like noel or Holly?

Kbex yeah it's my first so is much easier and no reL juggling needed....just missing out on Xmas day at my sisters and probably going to in-laws on boxing day. They will have to visit us in hospital. Honestly I don't think I can call my baby something really christmasy-I'm not sure how a teenager would like that when they are older even though cute when they r little. Your situation is so ironic! At least u know your body knows how to carry a baby to full term-my best friend has 3 babies and never got to full term with any due to her pre-ecamplysia. It's such a tough waiting game. Priority for u is your OH, 2-yr old and new baby-don't let the other family members stress u out!

I know I am really grateful to get to full term. Was induced last time at 40 plus 5 so not gone in to labour naturally yet. First time round didn't want to be induced but was happy to be as based on medical advice. This time again want a water birth but if was offered induction now I would take it! We wouldn't do the Christmas name either although I quite like Santa!

Ps am sure your second sweep will work. If you haven't started naturally this weekend. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back