Wisdom teeth dentigenerous cyst

kautostar

Reaction score
Has anyone had a dentigenerous cyst with wisdom teeth problems? I've had 2 scans since April and have been waiting for my hospital appointment at the oral and maxillofacial department where I'll find out the plan of action. I've already been advised that they will likely be removing the wisdom tooth, the tooth next to it and the cyst. The worry is that as the cyst is right on the jaw bone, the jaw might break. I'll be knocked out for the op.

All of this comes just as I'm TTC again! Really need this mouth thing sorted out, but desperate for another baby and as I'm now 41 time is getting on. I just want to know if I can leave the cyst problem for now and carry on with TTC or whether I should wait and get it sorted. Have my apt in mid-Sept, but then realistically it could be more months of waiting for the actual operation.

They won't want to operate if youre pregnant
They wont even change my metal fillings for white ones
They like the 2nd trimester as a window to do stuff but they won't want to knock you out unless an emergency i would imagine x

Thanks for your responses.

It's all a bit odd as to begin with I couldn't even open my mouth properly to eat! But then, once I'd had the antibiotics and they'd drained the cyst (sorry TMI yuk!) it doesn't hurt too badly.

I think we might just get going with it and TTC and see what happens. x

How do you feel now? Is wisdom tooth removal too painful?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back