Wine

twinkle90

Reaction score
Ill be 17wks next week when im on holiday. Is ot true that i can have a glass of wine? Someone in work said i can have upto 2 glasses. Xxx

My midwife said to me a glass of wine every so often will not hurt the baby. However it's personal choice I prefer not to touc any alcohol really but I respect every single woman's decision on alcohol and having the odd glass of wine. Plenty of my friends have done this but for me if I'm only going to have 1 I'd rather just have a J20 lol x

Yeah it should be fine. I had 2 shandy a yesterday whilst enjoying the nice weather x

It's all personal choice- tbh before I found out I was pregnant at 7 weeks I'd been drinking, and throughout my pregnancy I'd had the odd glass of wine here and there

To me it's just common sense- don't go overboard and you'll be fine!!

after 12 weeks ive had the odd glass with dinner if im out, or if OH has bought a particularly nice bottle. To be honest ive not really felt like one too often anyway and more likely choose water or juice, the odd one wont hurt ;)

I've not had any alcohol yet - but I was thinking I might treat myself on a hen do later this month - will see how I feel. Like Pippa says, I've not really been fancying it. I did try to have 1/2 a shandy in the pub the other night, but hubby made the bar lady put less than 1/4 of the glass beer and the rest lemonade! Spoilsport! lol

Mind you, it was still nice - just felt like having a taste of something (and a Beck's Blue shandy is too expensive!) :)

Ive had a shandy and a friends sister in law is a doctor whos pregnant and shes been drinking wine. I dont think the odd one would hurt (although I havent) My mum drank and smoked with all of us (not that Im advocating that) x

I haven't had any alcohol since finding out although my hubby and I did have quite a few cocktails the week before I found out. I haven't felt like having anything though tbh. I think what the other ladies have said, everything in moderation is fine x

Agree with the above... I was drinking a few glasses of wine a week in the first few weeks of pregnancy (as I didn't know I was pregnant). Once the morning sickness kicked in and I went off a lot of food, I've not been interested in drinking alcohol at all - had the odd glass, but didn't really enjoy it. Will probably try it again at some point. Everything in moderation is always the key, whether you're pregnant or not.

You might not want one - I used to love red wine and in the last few months its just tasted horrible!

Xx

I've gone totally cold turkey, primarily because I think I will want more of I have one glass!! One defo won't hurt though xx

There was a news article a while back (6mths maybe) that said a study showed drinking any alcohol during pregnancy can lower the babies IQ levels and should be avoided completely. Although the study only looked at children up to 3 years old.

I've had one glass of Buck's Fizz (and wished I didn't as the orange was far to acidic for me at the time). Other than that I've abstained completely - partly health partly as I'd end up wanting more than one.

There's some ok alcohol free wine out there and I'm really into Beck's Blue lager - especially in the sunshine :)

There was a news article a while back (6mths maybe) that said a study showed drinking any alcohol during pregnancy can lower the babies IQ levels and should be avoided completely. Although the study only looked at children up to 3 years old.

I've had one glass of Buck's Fizz (and wished I didn't as the orange was far to acidic for me at the time). Other than that I've abstained completely - partly health partly as I'd end up wanting more than one.

There's some ok alcohol free wine out there and I'm really into Beck's Blue lager - especially in the sunshine :)

There was also one that said moderate consumption raises your child's IQ!! :lol:

As with everything, in moderation is fine. I didn't fancy wine at all in Tri 1, I enjoy the odd glass every so often now (in fact I had one last night with dinner!).

I am LOVING Becks Blue at the moment, it is my saviour in this hot weather!

I don't think the odd one will be a prob, but like some others here, I've totally gone off alcohol still. DH ordered some wine when we were in Italy, and i took one sip and it tasted horrible, and I usually love red wine!

Will have to look at Becks blue though...

Ill try the Becks Blue. Ive not had any alcohol since finding out. I cant even remember the last time i had before. So might treat myself. If i dont like it then be it lol. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back