winding !

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by hayels, Jul 2, 2013.

1. hayels

hayels Well-Known Member

Harry is 18 days old now and an finding it really hard to get him to bring his wind up when feeding or after feeding I sit for ages try k different positions but nothing makes him burp well not very often any way. Is it possible that he just doesn't need to ? He doesn't get sick or scream like he is in any pain from wind and he has no problem going for a poo. Some times I feel like am sat for hours trying to burp him and still nothing xx

2. Nikkiportia

Nikkiportia Well-Known Member

My little girl doesnt burp, whereas my boy burps constantly! She is never uncomfortable either :)

3. clairebear22

clairebear22 Well-Known Member

Jack used to get all of his wind out of his bottom!! I stopped winding him at 2 months because he never ever burped!! He was absolutely fine.

If your LO isn't distressed or doesn't get trapped wind then i wouldn't persevere for ages at a time to try and get a burp up.

My Harry has terrible colic for 7 weeks and still burps (& farts) a lot and he's 4 months old x

4. kedi376

kedi376 Well-Known Member

I found trotting up and down the stairs a couple of times with baby brought up that last little bit of wind.

5. positivity :)

positivity :) Well-Known Member

Apparently it's not worth burping for more than 5 mins Hun. X

6. Rachaellius

Rachaellius Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry if he doesn't seem uncomfortable hun. He'd soon let you know if he was :) xx

7. Pudds86

Pudds86 Well-Known Member

I agree. I goggled burping the other day because i wasn't sure when you needed to keep doing it until...can't remember from my son, and it mostly said stop when baby no longer needs it. It said some babies dont need anything at all from birth Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

8. AmyQ

AmyQ Well-Known Member

Evan normally burps when I pick him up after the feed. Sometimes he'll burp half an hour after the feed. I generally only burp for a few mins max though and he seems fine xx

9. Sue Clare

Sue Clare Well-Known Member

I was told not to wind for longer than 10mins by my mw xx

10. hayels

hayels Well-Known Member

Thanks girls I think he just must be a windy baby well at the moment any way xx