Wind!

Bek234

Reaction score
I just can't get my lgs wind up!
Patting, rubbing, over the shoulder/knee, 'windmill' (leaning in circles' and infacol!!
Has anyone else got any other ideas!! :(
She's not in pain but sometimes get uncomfortable when laying her back down and start again few mins later and still no luck.
Xx

Tapatalking. X

Same!! She just doesn't want to give it away!
I sometimes stretch her up and it can help but I've been told off a few people to go to the docs and ask for Colief - supposed to be really good for it but best to get on prescription if you can as it's about £11 for a tiny jar.
Started her on Infacol yesterday (can tell she thinks it's disgusting) so going to see how that goes first before trying Colief xx

My lo is getting this bad for the past few days, and its quite distressing. She cries and cries and i try everything. Been giving infacol regularly before every feed for past few days. MW told me that since i am breastfeeding, she doesnt need to be winded. What a load of ****. Good job i didnt listen to her, otherwise lo would be even worse if i didnt even try to wind her at all.

Hi Bek! Omg having the same problem, I try and try to hear that previous burp for ages and then will put him down and he wakes himself up again from the moving around and then usually gets hiccups! Not so bad during the day but the night feeds with this are killing me! Not tried any medicine or anything else just yet and am hoping it just improves over time xxx

Thanks for replies girls, i think I'm going to ask dr for some coleif...it's extortionate isn't it! Especially to say it may not even work for every baby. This infacol isn't doing anything thou, Been using it over a week now, she's fine when she's wide awake but that's not often after a feed, night time are defo worse for us too Claire.

It's not bothering her too much really but giving her hiccups. X

Hi Bek! Omg having the same problem, I try and try to hear that previous burp for ages and then will put him down and he wakes himself up again from the moving around and then usually gets hiccups! Not so bad during the day but the night feeds with this are killing me! Not tried any medicine or anything else just yet and am hoping it just improves over time xxx

This is exactly how my week old daughter is, she doesnt give her wind up easy, she actually lets it out the other end more than burping it up. She gets in such a state that she gives herself hiccups. I've been giving here infacol and doing everything I can to get her to bring her wind up but doesnt work very well. I'm willing to try anything, particularly at night xx

My LO suffered with bad wind and i found different things worked at different times, Infacol worked for a few weeks then stopped. Gripe water, dentinox colic drops didnt seem to do anything, and tried colief for a while (didnt work and a complete faff - think it just gets rid of lactose so unless its lactose thats causing the problem, it might not do anything.

What did work for us a lot of times when the burping/windmills etc didnt, was holding LO upright against me and just walking about with him, for some reason it worked.
Then we invested in Dr Brown bottles, wasnt sure how much of a difference they'd make to be honest, but now i wish i'd got them straight away, they made it much easier to get his wind up.

But now of course he's spending a large portion of his day trying to get his feet in his mouth and sit up, so he's getting lots of gas out by himself....i still pick him up and walk with him to get his wind out after feeds though, only takes a few seconds to get it out now - he has reflux so it was reeeeally hard to get wind out, so i really think the bottles have a lot to do with it.

Noahs had colic really bad. Ive tried infacol for almost 2weeks.. Dno i its helped really as ive chaned his bottles from TT to dr browns and ive found since then its no wy near as bad.
My mum went n bout the colief lol saw the reciept in the bag £11.50!!!!!!!! :shock:bi havent used it yet, it looks so confusing to prepare in the bottles, says something like half hr before feed.. I cant realy judge when noah wants milk.. Its normally 2/3hrs in the day.
Hes a big guzzler with his milk. E does get the burps up but seemsnto still hold back on getting it all up!

Hope Hallie burps up soon for u hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back