William....

LucyD

Reaction score
We were stuck for a boys name & then discovered it was husbands great grandads name and his grandads middle name. I like tradition but not so sure about the name. My first son was jack after his other great grandad so we do like names that mean something. Think it would be shortened to Will though as don't really like long names

We have a William but he's always called Will which I much prefer, wish I'd just called him Will now!

Yeh thought of having William on birth certificate but call him Will.

William is a fab name! I am slightly biased though lol
It runs in my family and my William is the 4th generation to use it as either first or middle name x

It would have been on our list but it's OH's best friends name (he is a Will or William, never a Billy or any other version!)

xxxxxxxx

I love the name William and it was also my grandads name so definitely one we would consider in the future, his full name was William Charles Percy :) xx

If Ana had turned out to be a boy she would have been called William Ellis. So I like William. x

I love name William.

William is from the Old Norman form Williame, corresponding to the French spelling Guillaume, and is a cognate from the German Wilhelm, and ofGermanic origin: wil = will or desire; helm; Old English helm helmet, protection;[1] thus the Old German name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back