William Alfie Bolton's arrival 06/12/11

nickynoo...

Reaction score
Taken me a while to get round to doing this but really don't know where the time goes....
so 5th december I couldn't sleep so at 6.30am got up and went down to make a cup of tea. As I was stood waiting for the kettle my waters broke and started dripping on the floor so I grabbed some kitchen roll to stem the flow. Looking at the kitchen roll I saw flecks of dark green - Q panic as realised it was meconium.
I phoned the labour ward, explained what had happened and they said to get my bags, come in and that I would be staying - Q more panic as bag wasn't ready. Thought I'd be waiting at least another 7 to 10 days. Woke up the OH - Q panic from him :).....
Drove to hospital and OH dropped me off while he went to park. As I walked towards the doors felt a much bigger gush and lots more waters came out ( it suprised me that they kept coming out in little gushes for most of the day) went up to the ward told them I'd called ahead and then had a little cry - was the shock I think.
So, as had meconium in the waters William had to be monitored and labour induced which meant I was then stuck in bed on drip to start labour and monitors for baby and me. By that night I couldn't deal with the pain anymore so asked for an epidural. That didn't really work very well so had several top ups during the night.
At first things were progressing quite well, dilating 2 cms every 4hrs or so but by 7.30am on the 6th I had actually gone from 7cms back to 6cms. The consultant came in and said to turn the drip to full and give it another 4 hours to see what happened but when he left me and OH discussed it and agreed didn't want to do that. I'd been stuck on the bed for over 24 hours with no sleep, hadn't slept the night before and was knackered. I knew that even if I did get to 10cms I wouldn't have the energy for the delivery so would most likely end up with an episiotomy and forceps or ventouse so if I was going to go through that I'd rather have a c-section now. We spoke to the midwife and she spoke to the morning consultant who thankfully came in and said I could have the c-section.
So an hour or so later we went into theatre. Epidural was topped up and they did the op. Very wierd sensation - no pain but lots of pulling about. I half expected to hear a loud pop when they pulled him out but no pop and out he came at 11.47am!
Spent 2 nights on the post natal ward but didn't get any sleep so left as soon as I could and went home.
Everything was going fine but on the following wednesday I got up in the morning to go to William and thought I'd wet myself but when I turned the light on saw it was blood. There was lots of it but I thought it was normal. It carried on for the next few hours so I called the labour ward. They said I could come in if I wanted to but they were busy and I'd have to wait so I'd be better off calling my midwife or GP. I tried the midwife and got an answer phone so called the Gp who said they'd call a midwife to come round.
Midwife came at 11.30, examined me then called an ambulance. So back into hospital for another operation to sort out the bleeding which was a secondary post partum hemourage. Blood transfusion and antibiotics and another couple of days in hospital and then home again.
So it's been eventful but home with Wills now and OH who has been absolutely brilliant. Neither of us were prepared for just how hard it was going to be but we're getting there and William is gorgeous :lol:

Omg! Glad ur okay! Can't wait to see pics. And congrats! X

sounds eventful!! well done you! cant wait to see pics of William :) x

Pleased everything is ok now! can't wait to see pics of william congratulations xx

pretty much similar birth story to mine hunny, Glad you and baby are doing ok all we need now are some piccys hehe x

sounds like you had a bad time of it, glad your home with baby william now xxx

Congratulations!!
What a way to give birth - phhewwweeeeeey!

ok photo of my little man finally :)

Attachments

• photo (1) - Copy.jpg
    photo (1) - Copy.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 4
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts