Will you have to go back to work but dont want to?

star fish

Reaction score
I'm interested in the numbers on who is returning to work and who is not, and who is looking forward to having a more diverse life and who is really upset by having to go back for financial reasons?

My OH got a payrise a couple of weeks a go so it's going to be easier for me to stay at home should I wish and I think I am more than likely to do that! I'm not due back until next January but I'm thinking about going back to college as I want to work with kids so why not do it now after being used to very little money and while OH is willing to support me.

I'm back in May and dreading it, on one hand it would be good to show Grace a good work ethic but in the other hand I want to stay at home with her unfortunately needs must

Im due back in July and the thought sickens me as we are going to have to put LO in a nursery as both sides of our families work full time. Im only going back part time and Im not even sure my work are going to accept my hours! I am busy looking for another job at the mo :(

I'm back in May and dreading it, on one hand it would be good to show Grace a good work ethic but in the other hand I want to stay at home with her unfortunately needs must

I agree hun it is good to show work ethic doesnt make it any easier tho does it :( Are you going back full or part time?

I would give my left arm to have the time to work (need the other one in order to do the actual work, LOL!) But then, I work at home, so wouldn't have to deal with that awful separation.

I never thought I'd say this, I love(d) my job, it was everything to me my life revolved around it.......................but I don't want to go back in October already and miss my little girl :(

I only work 3 days a week, OH does shifts and my boss is flexible on which days I work so hopefully R will go to a childminder one day a week and then we'll work the other 2 days around between us.

But needs must and I have to work :(

I'm currently finishing one maternity leave & starting another straight away but I won't be able to afford to go back to work even if I wanted to childcare costs are too much by the I paid for childcare for two children and my travel costs which living in london is ridiculous I would he working for zero pennies there is no point for me to be away from my babies to work for nothing!

I will look for a part time job that fits around my OH job but I always knew I wouldn't work full time as I personally feel main job is raising my children I have no interest in a career!

Last edited:
I'm going back to work on the 17th April. Jax will be spending 2 days with my aunt and 3 days with a childminder. I will be doing 9am-3pm Mon to Fri. I have to go back to be able to afford our mortgage and bills, no way dh could support us on his wage. I'm not really that bothered about going back as I've done it before so know what to expect. I do like my job and where I work and who I work with so I guess that makes it easier. Sometimes I do think it would be nice to stay off longer but I've also seen friends who are now finding it hard and scary to go back to work after taking years off with their kids and I'm also glad I won't have to face that.

If you don't hate your job, its honestly not as bad as you first expect it to be.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

If I could afford to stay at home I would of. I've already dropped 1000 a month to work in a different term time job :/

I haven't been back to work yet but i'm a childminder and have been advertising my vacancies since January. Just need to find some kiddies now! :) x

Im not going back to work properly but my old company have asked me to come in and cover peoples holidays so i get to do a few days or a week here and there which is lovely as I can have a bit of independence and I get to be at home with my little man!!
xxx

I agree hun it is good to show work ethic doesnt make it any easier tho does it :( Are you going back full or part time?

4 full days a week but we are very lucky that we'll only need to put her in nursery for 1 day as family are helping out and my mum is taking that day as holiday from work until Grace turns 1

i am on maternity leave until mid may. i am only going to have to go back 2 days a week but i am dreading it. LO will be with oh one day a week and mil the other which is good. i just dont want to leave him.

I am devastated at the thought but have To go back in august for money reasons :-(

I am unfortunately the main breadwinner so I have to go back can't afford anything otherwise oh is dropping a day so will have three days with them I'll have my days off separate to oh and mil will have them two days which I'm dreading as she has different ideas to upbringing than us but nursery is 800 per month for two days a week for my two little ones. Would love to be off with them full time but fingers crossed one day I'll be able to drop my hours! Xx

I'll prob have to go back but really don't want to!x

I plan on going back to work when Poppy is 1. We aren't particularly well-off, and we're getting married in a year so need all the money we can get! BUT I know if I went back now I would regret it for the rest of my life. I just don't want to miss out on her first year of life, and am prepared to stay in and stick to a very tight budget in order to do that. Luckily my mother-in-law could afford to take early retirement and now doesn't work (She's only 47!) so when I do go back to work she said she's happy to look after Poppy. I'll only go back part-time, mind.

I have to go back as we can't afford me not to as I'm the higher earner, but I seriously hate my job and feel so sick of the thought that the doc has prescribed anti-depressants to help me go back. I'd love to be a full time student get my degree and then train to be a teacher but financially that cant happen :'-(

I'm going back in July. I'm kinda half & half tbh. One part of me wants to go back coz I actually like my job & i've missed it & my work mates, its alot of hassle with one kid at school, one at nursery & working full time, but i've done it before with other LO & you get through it, I was grateful for my job when LO got older, after a year or so, ur grateful of the break & fed up being at home with baby. I dont wana leave LO but I finish at 2.30 every day & i'm flexi time so even tho full time, its a good full time.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back