Will you be finding out the sex of your baby?

Mummy2toddler

Reaction score
So I was just wondering ladies will you be finding out the sex of your baby? If everything goes ok with my pregnancy I won't be. With my son we paid to find out at 16+3. My boyfriends sister in law had a baby a few months ago they didn't find out and when she was in labour it was so exciting not knowing what she was having obviously it's exciting if you know too but I think it will be lovely not knowing. Plus we have all my sons big stuff cot Moses basket which is all unisex anyway. I think if everything goes ok again I'll have another boy lol!! My boyfriends side is all boys. Getting very ahead of myself as I'm only 6 weeks lol but just trying think positive! Xxx

Yes we will be. I didn't with my daughter and was a lovely surprise but this time I want to know so I can buy things coloured rather than unisex x

Aw how nice!! I agree unisex is boring isn't it lol. I think it will give me something aim for in labour through the pain not only do we get meet our baby but find out if we have a son or daughter. I'm so impatient though and I hate waiting so I hope I stick to my words I really don't want find out but if temptation is there lol! Xx

It is hard not to ask and I'm glad I didn't know with her. I got a big age gap tho so have to buy everything and thought I might as well ask so can buy colours x

I'm so going to find out.. I'm rubbish with suprises makes me nervous and I'm also to impatient and want to get the room decorated all Girly or all boy like haha :) too excited :) x

My oh said they don't tell you the sex? I was surprised to hear it.....I am from the US originally, and most people find out hehe. Either way, we have decided to keep it a surprise :D

Tri hopping here..

We have had this discussion in my house since finding out. We have decided not to find out. I think the suspense and surprise is much more fun.. Plus all my family and friends are having great fun guessing :).

If this was my 2nd pregnancy then I might find out, so I can be more organised and sort old clothes it etc.

Xx

Lol. He is so insistent they won't tell you, but says if they do....he still wants a surprise lol

Lol bless him. My mate found out at 18 weeks when she had an emergency scan x

I know I should be patient, but anyone that knows me knows this is not in my vocabulary!

I'm one of those people that shakes the presents under the tree or peels the corner to have a sneaky look .... (I'm 31 not 10) :)

I know it may be spoiling the surprise, but surprises are not fun for me I have to know lol xxx

Last edited:
I want to know so bad. I'm trying to convince the oh that £80 to go private and find out 4 weeks earlier is an essential item haha x

I think I will be the same lilmisshopeful! I was going to get a 7 weeks scan but thought in the back of my head I know I will be wanting scan to know sex early ..... So have refrained ..... But getting to 12 weeks is a killer! Xx

We are going to find out. We want to be able to buy the right colour. I'm 6 weeks 6 days so I am a little ahead of myself. First midwife appointment on Monday. We can't wait to get to the 12 week scan and then maybe we can relax a little bit :)

Yes we are going to find out as soon as we possibly can. My husband likes to organise everything and not knowing the sex would just kill him. I want to know so I can buy gender appropriate items, I find unisex items a bit boring. We will be getting a private scan 16/17 weeks.

Michelle x

This is a sore subject in my house I have my heart set on not knowing and my oh wants to know! He said he will just find out but I know he will let it slip to someone and ill be so annoyed that somebody else knows what I'm carrying before me so I'm on trying to convince him that we shouldn't find out! Men why they can't just agree with us I will never know x

Oooooh some interesting replies !! xx

I am soooooo impatient its crazy. I used to have to open my christmas presents before christmas day because i hated surprises ha ha. Well until I had my son christmas is all about him now :D but im soooo impatient. I am wishing the hours days and weeks away lol!! Just want be 12 weeks but then ill still worry no matter how far i am like crazy lol. Trying to count down to things we have to look forward to! Have another scan on 5th june which is my dads birthday so counting down to that we go see robbie williams 3 weeks today in manchester so counting down to that and if everything is ok ill be 9 weeks then so thats quite exciting!!

I sooooo dont want to find out but im sure we will have a boy lol!! x

I think I will be the same lilmisshopeful! I was going to get a 7 weeks scan but thought in the back of my head I know I will be wanting scan to know sex early ..... So have refrained ..... But getting to 12 weeks is a killer! Xx

I was lucky I had an early scan at 6+5 and am being scanned again at 10 weeks cos I'm high risk. I will convince him lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back