Will my hips go back to normal???

Karenb

Reaction score
Hi! Strange question...
I've lost most of baby weight, lo is 7 months, but I can't fit into jeans as my hips are wider. I'm not bothered about weight really but just wondered if my hips will stay this wide before I go shopping for new clothes lol!! Trivial question but I want to wear decent jeans again.

Hope everyone is having a good 2016 so far!

It will take quite a while... I just know this because my hips and ribs have been wider in the past before pregnancy as I was about 75kgs at the most with a 5'2" frame.. I eventually dropped down to 45kgs en so did my frame.. 2,5 years post pregnancy my hips are still wider however my ribcage has gone back down from a 36" to a 30" and I don't want my hips to shrink as I love wider hips and a big bum haha! But from my previous experience, it just takes plenty of time for shrink along as the weight comes off! Hope that helps x

Im wondering this about my stomach... It was flat before baby and now is still quite flabby, ive lost weight everywhere else it's just not budging from my stomach xxx

They say 9 months for body to alter in pregnancy and 9 months to get back to "normal" ... id say it was about 12 months before my body looked similar to before (though my bump was huge so still have some saggy skin there 2 years later...though that's coz iv been a bit lazy and had the attitude "well I'll have another eventually and will sort it out after that one lol")

Last edited:
Lol yeah I do think that about my stomach! Don't want to worry too much as will want another in a couple of years! X

Oh no I don't think I can do all this again lol... Isaac is perfect so im just going to spoil him rotten as an only child lol xxx

Hehe I think I've blocked out the weeks when I thought 'never again!' And now I keep working out how long I should leave it to try again!! Need to see how I cope with being back at work first!

Yeah never say never... I don't think ive forgotten yet haha xxx

My youngest is 21 months and my weight didn't change from birth to months and months later - but I had so much on I didn't have time to diet or exercise! but over the last 10 months I have lost 16lbs doing nothing different from what I usually do and eating the same. Gone from a size 16 to 14s being a bit too loose! :) sometimes I think our bodies just need time to get back on track naturally......

Ye i found i didn't need to go to the gym or diet as once Jake started being more active I was run off my feet and weight dropped off. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back