Will I ever have a child I can hold and watch grow?

ElizabethH

Reaction score
It all started at the beginning of November when me and my partner had decided to start thinking about starting a little family of our own. We were in no rush to start a family, but due to previous fertility problems we made the decision to have my IUD removed and go from there.

I called my Doctor and tried to book an appointment to have it removed they told me I could be waiting up to 6 weeks for an appointment. Unfortunately for me the was not quick enough, I wanted the coil out and fast. I called around a few different walk-in centres and finally found a place that could do it with-in a few days.

The 14th of November me and my boyfriend went down to the clinic and the coil was taken out. On the 16th I had my first period which lasted 5 days and from there me and my partner carried on as normal. The next month came and went but no period then the 3rd month did the same.

On the 4th month on the 4th of February I had 1 day of light spotting but then nothing (having been in regular contact with my Doctor they advised it can take up to 6 months) but still no ‘normal period’.

After looking online and hearing things about implantation bleeding I knew that maybe it was possible I was pregnant.

On the 13th of February I took a test and sure enough a BIG FAT POSITIVE. I took another just to be sure and again it was positive. I was so excited I just wanted to tell everyone!!

With Valentine’s day the following day I thought I would surprise my boyfriend. Unfortunately, I never found the right chance to tell him. But that was fine his birthday was in a weeks’ time I would tell him then. I wanted it to be special!

I spent all morning on the 19th February planning how I would tell him, by the afternoon it didn’t matter anymore. I began bleeding and the cramps I had had me doubled over. I went to the bathroom and just cried. I had been here before and I knew the outcome. As I was only 5 weeks along I was advised there was little I could do and that I would just need to wait and allow it to pass naturally….

Do I tell my partner what happened or do I not? I asked myself this question what felt like 5000 times. When I got home I just felt numb, nothing made sense. He sensed my mood and it caused some friction between us. Trying his best to cheer me up, with no idea why I needed cheering up he decided to meet up with our friend and go to the cinema. I really did not want to go..

Not wanting to cause an argument, I agreed to go. Later that night I told him I needed to talk and explained everything. How I had planned to tell him on the 13th and then was saving it for his birthday. He told me that he was both upset and relieved that he didn’t know. Which makes sense he is upset I knew for a week and never said a thing, but relieved as he didn’t get the initial excitement for that to be taken from us.

This is now my 4th miscarriage and I was trying for 2 years in my last relationship and have just started trying now in this relationship.

Will I ever have a child I can hold and watch grow?

Hi Elizabeth.
So sorry you are going through this :( It really must be awful.
I personally think you need to book an appointment with your doctor and ask for some tests to find out why you are having the miscarriages. Maybe you just need some medication to help the baby stick. There clearly isn't a problem with you falling pregnant.
You will one day be holding that miracle baby i can promise you that. x

Hi hun, so sorry you have had to go through this... It's a good thing you told your partner. It can get lonely if you have to carry the burden alone.
But like Char said, it might just be that you have some difficulty holding on to those little beans and a doctor might find out why. Usually they start checking what the issue is after 3 miscarriages.
Hope you get help soon!x

Since the miscarriage it has been one month but since thursday I have felt really weepy and emotional, I have really bad heartburn and feeling nauseous also smells of foods make me feel very sick.

AF should of been due yesterday but she didn't show and I have had one negative test followed by a faint pink line followed by a negative.

But I still feel the symptoms above ....

Since the miscarriage it has been one month but since thursday I have felt really weepy and emotional, I have really bad heartburn and feeling nauseous also smells of foods make me feel very sick.

AF should of been due yesterday but she didn't show and I have had one negative test followed by a faint pink line followed by a negative.

But I still feel the symptoms above ....
Using a FRER would give you an accurate reading if if your AF was due yesterday.

Using a FRER would give you an accurate reading if if your AF was due yesterday.
Should I test again using one or wait a few days?
I honestly just don't feel like myself and I am kind of worried. I feel like I might pass out at any moment and I feel like I am not thinking straight. I had to ask my partner to drive me to work as I don't feel safe.

Should I test again using one or wait a few days?
I honestly just don't feel like myself and I am kind of worried. I feel like I might pass out at any moment and I feel like I am not thinking straight. I had to ask my partner to drive me to work as I don't feel safe.
Its best to use a FRER, with first morning urine. You wont need to wait a few days if you are already late for AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back