Will I be refused fertility testing because of partners reversal?

Allibongo123

Reaction score
Hi all,

My partner had a vasectomy reversal in feb, sperm analysis in May confirmed the op was a success and there was a good count.
I have been referred for fertility testing by my GP and I received the details for it today. It was a generic letter and the I assume the the clinic doesn’t know about his reversal. It’s asking for my partners details for a sperm test but also says if he’s had a sperm test recently to let them know so it can speed up the appt time .
What I’m asking is if they ask the reason for his sperm test in May I will tell them - but I won’t if they don’t ask.
If they find out about the reversal can they refuse testing for me? My GP knew about the reversal and also knows he has two children so I’m hoping I’m worrying over nothing.
Thanks for any info

Xz

Because he has 2 children you wouldn’t get IVF on NHS. However, most trusts will do basic tests I think

Depends on where you live...in Wales we are entitled to treatment if ur partners children don't live with u. However because of the reversal you wouldn't get treatment...I found out the hard way xx

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Really depends on where you live. In Norway we get 3 tries with IVF for two children each, so that's six in total, as long as our health is ok. When we have two children or the 3rd ivf per kid doesn't result in a kid we have to go private.
The stupid thing is that if we were to get new partners we'd be covered for two more with new partners, and not any more with each other :roll:
Vasectomies doesn't matter as they offer to surgically get sperm out at most clinics..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back