will changing formulas hurt my baby? :(

mummyoftwo12

Reaction score
I'm having abit of a nightmare with formula atm..breastfed for the first 5 days with top up formula and this didn't work out so went to sma..I reciently bought sma comfort which made him worse..he seams very fussy after feeds and has colic and constipation only has a poo every 4 days and is green and very smelly..if I change to cow and gate will this harm my baby?..I don't want to upset his tummmy anymore that it already is :( x

They say not to swap and change, however personally I think that if a formula isn't suited to LO, then keeping them on it will only cause more distress for you and LO.

My LO was on Cow and Gate First Milk, then changed to comfort milk as he had a bad tummy but it didn't do any good. So at 6 and a bit weeks we switched to Aptamil Hungry Milk (he was wanting 5-6oz every 2 hours too). Tummy problems remained the same. So finally at 10 weeks we switched to HiPP Organic - and it was the best thing we did! Tummy problems disappeared, and dropped the amount of oz he wanted per day to something more reasonable!

Anyhoo, it's down to what you think, but just wanted to share my thoughts and experience.

We had horrible poos and green constipated and straining x
Weve swapped to c&g 1st milk and within hours he was better :) poos are becoming yellow/greenish xx
He used to go once 3-4days when bf but now goes every day xx

My opinion definitely change to jus normal c&g stage 1 xx

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

thanks :)..i read quite a few people having problems with sma so i bought some cow and gate first milk today hopefully it is going to make things better for him :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back