will a stomach bug harm baby

mummy2b19

Reaction score
I'm surd im coming down a bug been sick and diohrea tonight hot one min freezing the next I've uped my water intake but will not eating harm baby at this stage xx

Hi hun. When i was about 22 weeks pregnant i had a chinese takeaway one night and was very ill afterwards with sickness, diarrhoea and even hallucinations! Pretty sure it was food poisoning. I felt awful and rang the midwife because i was panicking that it may harm baby but she told me that it wouldnt affect baby. I found this pretty weird because if food poisoning wouldnt hurt baby then why do we get told to avoid certain foods during pregnancy?! Anyway in the end he was absolutely fine and so was i after 24 hours. If you're worried then see your GP, but i'm pretty sure you'll be ok xxx

I'd maybe ring your midwife if you don't feel better by the morning hun, as sickness and diarrhea can lead to dehydration which isn't good for either of you. Pretty sure that not eating also isn't too good for the baby. Normally I get nausea if I get too hungry. xx

Don't know what was up with me because I have been fine since I posted this last night, weird thanks for the advice though ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back