Wife 27 weeks pregnant reduced movement

Father2b

Reaction score
Hi all,

Tbh I don't know where to turn. Feeling really quite stressed at the minute so I thought I would look towards you ladies for your views.

My wife is 27 weeks pregnant and it has been a good pregnancy up until now. Last few days or so babies kicks have become a lot weaker than they have been (I've felt the baby kick). We have been to the hospital twice now with this reduced movement to be monitored. The midwives were pretty happy on both occasions as there were no decelerations or any signs of distress. I am having to be calm for my wife as she doesn't need the extra emotional load. Please could you help a fella along?

Arrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!!!

I would give the midwives a call again, reduced movements should never be ignored despite how many times it's happened. I'm sure it'll be ok, but best to check!

You should definitely go back, my wife had a "normal" pregnancy but we went to EPU quite a few times with reduced movements, even if its just for reassurance for you and your wife its worth going.. We now have a healthy 6 month old so its probably nothing, but worth getting checked out every time ��

Always go to your maternity assessment unit if you think there has been reduced movement BUT I would also say, based on the words you used, that there is a difference between intensity and frequency. My baby used to give me some right belting kicks and punches, some would make me literally jump and lunge forwards with the strength. Around the beginning of the 3rd trimester the intensity massively changed and I was worried about baby, but my midwife explained that so long as I was still feeling baby at the regular intervals I was used to (which is, depending on time of day, every 1.5-2.5 hours for me), then that is what I needed to look out for. Intensity and type of movement will change throughout the pregnancy, but if you are still feeling baby as frequently as you are used to, then that is OK.

It could be a change in position that has made a difference to the intensity, always call mw if its enough to cause u concern.

Oh forgot to mention she also has an anterior placenta just to complicate matters just that bit more...

Also we have had periods of no movement, which is why we have been in for monitoring. But yeah the intensity has also changed :(

Anterior placenta can shielt the movements but again continue to liase with mw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back