Wierd dreams

I keep having scary dreams that i give birth to my baby now or that i can see my baby as it is now (at 18 weeks nearly). I wake up freaked out and keep having dreams in dreams too.

Is anyone else getting them so real? They are starting to terryfy me that something is going to happen to my baby :(

Im having freaky dreams that appear to be real when having them, though none about my baby. Apparently its normal to have weird dreams due to our hormones being a bit hectic.

Cheers hun - I heard it was normal and I had a horrid one when i was 12 weeks on holiday about me miscarying. They d seem so real. I am excited to see my baby when it finally appears but I don't want to see him/her yet coz it's too early!!

Wierd :(

I've been havin the wierd dreams like you too, even the same one of the baby been born when I was about 20 weeks and it was so tiny, it just popped out when I was out shopping! lol. When I was having my daughter I dreamt that she was born about 2 years old and she had these big pointy teeth and she started attacking me! That freaked my out for weeks!

I had a weird dream about 2 weeks ago, in my dream I gave birth to a boy weighing 8lb 3, but to look at the baby he was about 6 months old!!!! plus i dont know the sex of my baby :shock:

Also had a scary dream my sister was murdered, so your not alone on the weird/freaky dreams!! just one more thing to add to the list of insanity suffered during pregnancy :roll:

Natalie x

kwain said:
I've been havin the wierd dreams like you too, even the same one of the baby been born when I was about 20 weeks and it was so tiny, it just popped out when I was out shopping!
Thats the sort of dreams I'm having, or dreams in dreams. Totally freaking me out and driving me mad! And things like wolves attacking me and stuff. Losing my baby too in the shopping centre or out when it's older has happened a couple of times.

Hi Sami

Yes, I keep having those too! Most disturbing was that the baby was trapped under my skin but had come out of the womb and I could see it moving about. If fell out and then crawled back in (I'll spare the details but it was painful). Yuck!

Louise x

Yeah, apparently these dreams are normal. And also, apparently they get worse in the third trimester :shock:

I've had dreams about miscarriage :( and last night a less stressful dream about stretch marks.

I am starting to realise that this pregnancy thing is no walk in the park. A different hurdle every day. Probably good training for actually being a mother.

For about a week now I've had a very painful tail bone (coccyx) and I have had to order a cushion that is supposed to help from the internet.

Every day a different trauma!

I managed to avoid any really strange dreams til the last couple of weeks.. now its everynight!!
Last nights was giving birth the baby was far to big for its age and i was breast feeding it had teeth and was biting my boobs away and i was squirting milk everywhere it was so freaky!!
I had them right the way thru with my other 2 so got off much lighter this time... they freak me out and things trigger me thinking about them all day too... wonder why your body has to drive you to the brink of insanity to have a baby :?: :!: lol :roll:
Nice to read we're not alone and its apparently normal :) :shock:

Im having some really horrible dreams at the mo

keep dreaming that while my OH is away at reading festival he has a drunken one night stand with someone and gets her pregnant

also

while he is away, on teh friday, someone breaks in, ties me to the bed, cuts me all over then rapes me :(
It was a friday coz my kids were not there, they sleep at tehre nans on fridays, so this friday while my OH is away i have arranged to sleep round my mates house.

and that i go home to see my family and everyone is offering me money for my baby, even my own dad!

its horrible, i hate dreaming stuff like this

It really does play with your head doesn't it and make you think you'r going crazy. Sets me off in the mood for the day too depending on what I dream. I have had a dream about being raped too which left me traumatised when I woke up and scared for OH to touch me as unfortunately I was sexually assaulted a few years ago. :cry:

Is there anything you can do to stop these dreams?

yeah i know what you mean, i have also been assulted in the past, i have put it behind me now but this dream has terrifed me that it will happen again.

I think my dreams are me being insecure about my OH going away to the festival and that i will be on my own, my sex drive is none exsitant at teh mo so im scared he will go else where.

I think/hope when he gets back, i will feel better and teh dreams will stop

Yeah same. My sex life has virtually stopped and I guess this could be causing the sexual dreams I have, and also past things I thought were forgotten or dealt with are suddenly at the top of my mind as I worry about my own little one and protecting them.

I get scared to sleep sometimes - silly eh :roll:

As for the festival - I'll be here to wallow in the fact that i'm not going either! I can sympathise with you!

no, not silly, i didnt want to sleep last night in case i had another one, but luckly i didnt have any dreams last night.

He has offerd not to go to teh festival and stay home with me, but i would feel bad, so i have told him to go and have fun, just not to much!!!! lol

My dreams are just plain daft

I'm having triplets and need hormone therapy to grow a third boob, but it doesn't grow enough and baby number 3 gets hungry.

All my neighbours are Al-Queda leaders and have meetings on the street. Everybody tends to get together outside in the summer evenings, but I couldn't join in for days after having that dream. Everyones white british so don't know where that one came from.

I've always had wierd dreams, but only now are they playing on my mind for days and days. OH thinks I'm going insane so I'm going to stop telling him about them - I wouldn't let him talk to the neighbours after the al-queda one, so they all think I've flipped too

Tracy xx

I had another one last night

My baby was lying on the floor in the lounge and neither the Dh or I had any clue what to do with it so we were just panicking. The cat was parading round it to annoy us and for some reason there was another person there trying to encourage us to put grown up shoes on it! No nappies or anything just proper outdoor shoes. So we were racing around trying to find outdoor grown up shoes that would fit a newborn?

Wierd

Tracy, if you think you're daft to dream about your neighbours that way you should meet our Residents Association committee! :lol:

I've had dreams about miscarriage, about meeting my mother who died a few years ago to ask for advice, about shaking hands with all my old boyfriends and saying goodbye, and about having sex with a gay friend of mine.

I dreamt the other night that I bled all over the bed, and lost the baby, but the funny thing was the next morning there was blood all over my pillow where my OH had had a nosebleed during the night. Kinda freaked me out!

In "What to expect when you're expecting" there is a little section on dreams and they say that all the types of dreams that we seem to be having are perfectly normal. Remember, you are not defined by your thoughts and dreams, they are only a way for your fears to be expressed safely while you are asleep, so that you won't go crazy or traumatise yourself. We're all afraid of losing our babies, of our partners suddenly being gone, of something going wrong in the birth, etc. It's just our brain filing them away and saying "nah, i really shouldn't bother her with that one"*L*

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back