Why wont he eat?

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
I'm at my wits end, I'm sitting here in tears which is very unlike me

Aaron has gone from gulping 4 x 7ox feeds a day to turning every feeding seesion into a stress fest

He hasnt put on weight in 2 weeks and its unlikely he will this week either - I dont know what to do :cry:

He took 5oz this morning, and now only 3.5oz - hes just spitting it out

Do I phone the HV, or GP?

Im starting to dread feeding him now

:hugs: calm down. As long as he's not losing weight, I wouldn't panic. Have they explained why they are weighing him every week? I thought every week was too often as it brings up platues (sp??) which are normal.

Is he teething/ had a cold - any number of things could make him just want a little less. Just like we have ravenous day, and days we feel picky. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

:hugs: calm down. As long as he's not losing weight, I wouldn't panic. Have they explained why they are weighing him every week? I thought every week was too often as it brings up platues (sp??) which are normal.

Is he teething/ had a cold - any number of things could make him just want a little less. Just like we have ravenous day, and days we feel picky. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

He was being weighed every week due to being on oxygen and what not, then he was supposed to move to fortnightly but he didn't put on any weight so she's weighing him weekly till he does.

This has been going on for 3 weeks now where its murder to feed him.

He starts of ravenous, then gets to 3/4 oz and gives up and starts spitting it out.

Sorry if I'm over-reacting, I think I'm overtired today

Hugs.... Is he peeing and pooing normally? Is he happy in himself? Weight can plateau as above so don't worry too much about numbers xx

C goes through really fussy phases Hun so it could just be that. Xx

He's still wet and dirty

He's spewed up the last two feeds - he's never been sick before like that

I'm going to take him to GP in the morning I think

Tweety I talked today to the hv about that

Amelie had ubtil this hours a total of 6 oz :wall:
They basically told me of its mor teeth and baby seems ok then it's just a phase...
Obviously it's not them struggling though..
Amelie also lost some weight centiles...
I just gave her calpol and teeth gel to see if anything will help.
What is he doing??she is pushing with her tongue out the bottle, turns her head from one side to other and if you insist she cries.
Did you try a sleepy feed? Is he drinking then?

No harm having the gp take a look Hun . Are you stressed during feeds ? Babies seem to pick up on that when lily wouldn't feed she would take a bottle from someone less upset than me sometimes .

maybe a variflow teat might help

Thanks girlies

I ended up phoning NHS 24 as he threw up his last 2 feeds - they sent me to out of hours doc who thinks Aaron has a viral something-or-other

Thankfully he's not dehydrated, so everything is ok for now. will keep trying to feed him and see if he can keep it down

Well he's refusing to eat now .. So I syringe fed him an ounce and he threw it up straight away.

Poor wee man :cry:

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Poor little man :-( have you tried cool boiled water? Even just little drips into his mouth to keep him hydrated.

When B was poorly last couple of weeks he did get dehydrated after 3 days of d+v so we gave him diorlyte and he loved it!

Hope Aaron's better soon x

I'm syringe feeding water as I type x

Tapatalk madness!

Oh bless him!! It's horrid when they are sickening :hug: keep getting the water down him hun. Big hugs for mummy too xx

Well he didn't take a single thing over night ... he clamped his jaw shut and refused to wake up

I figured he must have needed some rest to help fight whatever it is thats upsetting him.

I've given him 4oz this morning and he's taken it no problems - will see if he keeps it down then I'll try him with another couple.

This was after an absoulte disaster with the bottle where the bottom wasn't screwed on right (MAM bottles) so it was leaking ... I turned it upside down to discover there was no teat in it and it went all over me, the remotes and the sofa

He's taken 3-4oz every two hours today. ... I'm exhausted! In between feedin, expressing and trying to get on top of housework I'm pooped!

He's
Still a bit sicky but he isn't bringing the whole feed up which is good x

Tapatalk madness!

Sorry to hear you've had such a tiring day - but at least your little man seems to be feeling better! Xx

Glad to gear he's on the mend Hun, must be so worrying when they won't eat xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back