why my 'view posts since last visit' not working?

hearts81

Reaction score
I have always used this to find see new posts but for the last week or so when i click on it i get 'no topics or posts met your serch criteria' (or something along those lines). But when i look through the sections myself i see loads of new posts!!! :?

Anyone else had this problem?

Hi Hazel,

This still works for me fine ..... the feature works in conjunction with cookies on your computer, have you made any changes to your computer recently? Some people install programs called 'cookie washers' which will automatically delete your cookies on a regular basis - you haven't installed anything like this recently, have you?

Could everyone else let me know here whether the feature is working for them or not?

My computer crashed just before this started happening actually. I had to reboot it and start all over again.

That was last week though so would it still be affecting it? Is there anything i can do?

Well, the first thing you could try is deleting your cookies. Have a look at this topic which was for a related issue - in particular, see the section 'How do I delete cookies?' which will show you how to do that. Please read through the whole post though ... you'll see my disclaimer at the bottom :D and if you're unsure what to do, you must seek help.

Then, re-boot your PC and check back after a while to see whether recent posts are being saved for you .... do let me know how you get on.

u click wot to do wot lol??
god how long have i been on this site for lol

Sarah, have you got this problem too?

i didnt know u could do it lol so couldnt tell ya lol im blonde :lol: :lol:

Hi laura i've already done all this to see if it made a difference but it never. I'm still logged in when i come on just cant view new posts. I'll have another go at it later :D

Well, you'll know that you've deleted the cookies correctly because when you next return, it will ask you to log in again. Anyway, see how you get on, if it still happens let me know and I'll see what else I can think of.

Hearts what broswer are you using?
I run on firefox and I had this problem for ages too.

Laura i just deleted cookies, rebooted etc. Had to log in again but still no new topics.

urchin i'm not sure what browser is :oops: I'm on aol broadband if that helps.

your broswer is what you use to look at webpages, for example, Internet Explorer. :)

:oops: still not sure- i sound like a right tit here lol

i just use what came with computer. Got windows xp , then put on aol. On my start menu thingie it says on the aol sign opens your internet browser but doesn't say what it is.

I have internet and msn explorer in my programs but i've never opened them or installed them :?

Another thing to check is your date and time - right click on the clock in the bottom right of your screen and go to 'adjust date/time'.

I spent weeks with a client moaning that couldn't get something to work which relied on cookies, after an expenses paid trip, it turned out his computer date was something like 1980

Mine has been doing exactly the same as yours Hazel.

I too am completely useless at this computer stuff but I do know my computer hasnt crashed etc. It does it on my main computer and laptop.

Asked Sami about it as she knows a bit more about these things and she said it won't do it if we log in each time rather than log in automatically. How ever mine just logs in automatically so don't know how I could go back to logging in manually :?

You mean we need to log out each time Bubble?

It's working for me at the moment :dance: but it does this somedays then stops the next :(

urchin said:
Is the forum set as your homepage?

No had a look and its iqon.ie (thats if i'm looking in the right place, i'm no good at computers lol)

hearts81 said:
urchin said:
Is the forum set as your homepage?

No had a look and its iqon.ie (thats if i'm looking in the right place, i'm no good at computers lol)

So if you open your browser for the first time (or hit the "HOME" button in the top left of you broswer window) it takes you to www.icon.ie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back